Takky's Terms

Flashermac

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes my fault I didn't switch over keyboard, I believe you can post in Thai providing you give English translation along side which I didn't do. I'm sorry for any distress caused.

Michael Yon -

Important Information from very good source:

Thaksin is in Singapore trying to negotiate with PDRC and the Thai courts.

Thaksin wants:

1) All of his money back

2) Courts to drop all the cases against him and his family

3) Courts to drop rice charges against Yingluck

In return the government will resign, and PDRC is free to move forward. If not, Thaksin threatens to fight. Thaksin is saying this is his last offer.

According to source, Thaksin made no offers or requests about UDD Red Shirts who are currently in jail, or who are facing charges. :shakehead

Facebook

I’d call it pretty tacky journalism

...no link reference from the OP

...no source mentioned by Michael Yon

...no mention of it anywhere else on the net

So in this hearsay rumour we are discussing as though it’s gospel, Michael Yon or his unnamed source can now read Taksin’s mind and infers he’s a psychopath without a thought for his supporters.

What is this..the Joseph Goebbels School of Journalism?

:beer:

Unquestionable facts:

1) Takky is indeed in Singapore.

2) Takky has said he is ready to negotiate. (Suthep has said he will not talk to him.)

3) Yon says a "reliable source". Based on his record, I posted it.

4) It is similar to an earlier report in the Bangkok Post:

"Thaksin was quoted as saying to close associates who visited him that: "If all parties concerned return justice to the country, members of the Shinawatra family would be willing to quit politics. If the situation is allowed to continue like this, it will likely turn violent."

http://www.bangkokpo...uit-politics-if

A similar report appeared in The Nation. We already know that "justice" to Thaksin means that he gets off on all charges against him.

p.s. I attached no link, since I found it only went to Michael Yon's entire Facebook page.

There are many sponsors coming from all different angles. It is no longer Red Shirt vs Yellow Shirt, much more complicated and

the billions of Baht that have been "invested" in this protest....well, the investors will want a return on their money.

The Shinawatra family has money and money is power, no matter who's face you see in the government, so really, little meaning

in the offer that the Shinawatra family will exit politics, IMO...

I consider it basically a struggle between new money and old money. But Thaksin was so blatant about it that it angered many people by his open greed.

In the words of former US Ambassador Boyce (thanks to Wikileaks, which is banned in Thailand):

"He introduced many positive aspects to Thai politics: his party had a platform that attracted rural voters, and he kept many of his promises to them, introducing the 30 baht health scheme and cheap credit for farmers. But the cost was high – a Prime Minister who, in the end, disdains many of the key features of a democracy, such as a free press and civil society, and was eager to grasp power more openly and greedily than any civilian PM before him."

TAGS: PGOV, PHUM, TH, Thai Political Updates

SUBJECT: MANICHAEAN STRUGGLE FOR THE SOUL OF THAILAND

Classified By: Ambassador Ralph L. Boyce, reason 1.4 (B) (d)

"I consider it basically a struggle between new money and old money. But Thaksin was so blatant about it that it angered many people by his open greed".

IMHO that is the situation end of story

The very few good friends I have in the upper end of Thai society have all been introduced to me through one extremely substantial quality person I have been very close to for 20 years. (One gets vetted for many years :) They are all mostly old Chinese money with links to HM and your synopsis is what I have heard for years.Very simple really.