question for those with broadband in Thailand

danish,

the website is at

www.lensodatacom.co.th

you need a TOT phone line, and you can check online if your number is covered. Best to phone up for latest prices as the online stuff is either out of date or a real pain to find.... !! They'll send a guy round to install the DSL card - may be free or thereabouts now..... can pay for blocks of hours or has finally gone to fixed rate unlimited usgae charges aswell at various download/upload rates.

They seem fine...

I've seen TA telecom asia, have ADSL available aswell now, so if you're on a TA phone line you may prefer to look at their offerings.

coops

Do you or anyone else reading this know what the three ping columns represent? They are ping times in milliseconds but what are the three readings? I've tried searching for this info on Google and didn't come up with much.

Cheers!

Thanks Coops, I will try to give them a call and see what promotions they are running at this time.

I already have the cable modem from TA, but I cannot say that I am satisfied with the performance.

Can you do a speed test on www.dslreports.com (in the menu under DSLR TOOLS) and post the result. With my current connection (256/64) I get 192k down and 50k up on a good day, but the ping times are very slow.

Is your adsl connection running through a proxy server?

Best regards,

Danish30

If you can't get around the bandwidth issues, you might consider some other strategies, Turn off "show pictures" in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced, Use Opera if the sites you look at have lots of tables, Opera seems to render tables faster. If you need to dowload a large program see if its not available in a local PC magazine on a CD or at that place that sells CD-Roms, and lastly consider setting up a caching proxy (or sometimes called caching nameserver -symantics aside) on your home pc.

AD

Archived