Thai Leader Threatens New Takeover: The Tv Soaps

cavanami

Gotta git dem soaps on track...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/09/26/351771604/thai-leader-threatens-new-takeover-the-tv-soaps

Thailand's coup leader turned prime minister is not happy with the daily fare of infidelity and violence that is a staple of the country's television soap operas — and he's prepared to write the scripts himself if that's what it takes.

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, the army chief who staged a coup in May against the elected government, says he wants scripts that encourage harmony in society.

"I have ordered that scripts be written, including plays on reconciliation, on tourism and on Thai culture," Prayuth told reporters on Friday, according to Voice of America. "They are writing plots at the moment and if they can't finish it I will write it myself," he said of a team of government-appointed writers...

• Like 1

Il duce is making easy to conclude that virtually any other arrangement, no matter how despicably 'populist' (read: chosen by the population) those others might be... How crazy does it get before it gets better? I'm guessing a 'young turks' coup-of-the-coup might be in the cards if things go on too long without an intervening Grand Event, as the current deal has virtually no potential.

For our little business here, we are starting to see the gov release $$$ and getting the projects going again.

Good news for the business community and the people living here.

For us, important projects, like the "Mud Slide" warning systems that have been installed in key areas all over

Thailand but it was stopped all of last year and is now, only starting up again.

The systems have worked flawlessly and many lives have been saved but on the large scale of things, this is

a very small project.