Your dream job/life.

Could Singapore be the place of my dream-job?

To be honest I've never liked much to work. Maybe that's why I tend to think salary before I think about, what the job is really all about.

Maybe one should start thinking about Geography too. Why not live exactly where you are most happy. But, I make about 70K$ a year. There's no way I could do that in Bangers.

Maybe Singapore? 1 hour from Koh Samui and 1-1½ hour from Don M.

Has anyone out there ever moved to Singapore because of the short distance to LOS?

If so, would love to hear about it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't believe its possible to have a single dream job/life

i am in my dream job, dream relationship and a semi-dream location, semi-dream financial status - even so i occassionally dream about other jobs/locations (albeit briefly)

the grass is always green on the other side as they say - one day i imagine a job famous in the public eye, the next day i dream of living in quiet seclusion and anonymity, one day i'll dream of being with my on true love forever the next day I'll dream of shagging a different beauty every day - sometimes i want to be top of the rat race, the next day i want to be a homeless wanderer

so many opposing and mutually exclusive dreams that coexist.....

You're not David Letterman by any chance are you?

Anyway, I applied for a job a while back that I thought would be pretty cool. It was for a company that provides corporations with current data/stats on cost of living in various countries to help them determine an appropriate allowance for their expats living overseas. The job required travelling to many countries around the world and interviewing and getting raw data from expats, and other local sources in regards to housing, food, entertainment, insurance, child care, maid service, etc.

The other great job I'd always thought of was the result of a girl I met in Greece once. Her job sent her to various (upscale) resorts in Europe that she would have to write a report on and submit to newspaper/magazine she worked for.

Needless to say the resort would wine and dine her for a good review.

I think these are the types of jobs where you have to know someone. If anyone knows of any openings like these smile.gif you can PM me!

I asked first!!! smile.gif LOL

Anyway, I could never give up my real job on the assembly line at the metal plating factory! Ah, there's nothing like the smell of toxic chemicals as you punch your time card in the morning! (cup of nescafe with powdered non-dairy creamer in hand)

Even with the tabloid stories? Photographers watching your every move? And the fact you can't go out in public, like the corner store without being mobbed? And last but not least, the inablility to form lasting relationships due to the amount of women who just want to have sex with you because of who you are and do any thing you want backstage or at the hotel room after the concert? : )

Archived