Your dream job/life.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have my dreamjob. i love my work, i would not want to do anything else, i am obsessed with it. making money is at times very hard, the chances to get rich are very slim, the competition is very tough, but the satisfaction i get from my work gives me enough pleasure.

Wealthy enough where I didn't have to work at all. Your basic multi millionaire, lay about, bon vivant type but still be somewhat anonymous. I'd also like to be part of the ownership group of a professional team. Not the main guy but part of the limited partners with enough of a share that I can go to all the games free. Also, owners have a quid pro quo with other sports so I'd be able to go to the other sports free and either get front row seating or private box seating.

I'd be in LOS part of the year, travel the rest. I'd have a few freinds in the state department that could get me status as part of the American embassy staff and have diplomatic immunity. So when I'm in LOS, I can't go to jail (even though I wouldn't do or have done anything to warrant going to the 'monkey house'). The diplomatic immunity would also be with me when I travel elsewhere also.

I'd go to the World Series, Super Bowl, NBA championships, World Cup, FA cup games as well as Mardi Gras, Carnival, the running of the bulls in Spain, etc. See the Pyramids, Eifel tower, great wall of China, etc.

Just enough of a name to hang out with a few rock/rap stars back at the hotel after the concert in time for the groupies to arrive.

A nice home over looking the ocean in Pattaya and a 3 bedroom penthouse in BKK.

...also believe it or not to build a few schools in LOS and the states and set up some charities. Poor & disadvantaged children could go free. But I would like to remain behind the scenes and be known too much.

All--

I agree with flyonzewall, I too have my dream job... Like all dreams there are parts that "suck", but all in all, I love my job.

It's taken me to all six inhabited continents on earth. I've had the opportunity (or in some cases the misfourtune) to see many other lifestyles and cultures... I have almost exclusive use of our fleet of nearly 2300 airplanes to travel literally anywhere in the world I like at anytime I like without space or capacity restrictions...

As a whole, I like the people who I work with, both within the company and our customers worldwide.

All in all, not a bad deal. I'd do this job for far less than they currently compensate me for (but lets not go around telling them this!)

flyonzewall, we should all be this luck huh?!

--UPSer

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Today (Sunday, in Syndey. Tomorrow Honolulu)

I had my dream job.

Helping companies to implement integrated computer systems worldwide. I dealt with company presidents to workers and learned a lot about people and cultures, visiting many countries and cities.

But not working is better. That's what I do now. Comes a time where you are fed-up with the idiots you have to deal with.

• 1 month later...

Archived