Chocoholic Attacks BGirl in Search of Sweet Delite

This headline WILL become a reality if I don't find a place to get some DECENT Chocolate Sooooonnnnn !!!!!!

And I don't mean that shit from Hershey's that seems to have taken over this town... I mean Droste, Cote D'Or or any other fine chocolate from any Scandinavian country.

Ya, I know I can get Lindt... But it's still a second grade Brand... and NO... I don't want Godiva... It's good but just a tad overpriced for my poor teacher's budget.

I used to be able to buy Droste everywhere.. now I can't find it at all.... And the only Toblerone I can find is Milk or White (not even REAL chocolate)... I'm a Dark chocolate man.

So Puleeeese help an addict that is suffering thru a bad case of thye Chocolate Blues... Save your favorite Bar Girl from an attack and strip search for that missing sweet delight.

CS tongue.gif

Don't think you will find much chocolate on Thai bargirls. It's been my experience they simply don't care for chocolate. The Filopina bargirls are another story.

Some of the bigger department stores and grocery stores like Villa seem to have plenty of sweets. Maybe also Duty Free at the Airport and WTC.

We had this discussion before in the food section about chocolate. To each his own. I like the chocolate you mentioned, but grew up not far from Hersheytown, PA. You can condemn it all you like, but I would be willing to bet more of it is sold than any other brand world-wide. Some folks, must, you know, like the stuff and are buying it.

But, you are right, the others mentioned are delicious. Most Americans have never even heard of these though. Only world travelers or people who shop at the specialty shops. Most Americans, like me, are brought up on Hershey's.

Hi,

Try Tops. They used to have Droste.

Some other brands as well that are decent, mostly Swiss and German.

Oh, and if you are looking for bonbons, try Sukhumvit Soi 49. There is a place there that sells Belgian bonbons (check the food section for a thread with details).

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

<not even REAL chocolate>

...next you'll be asking for 'real beer', cos most beer in los sure ain't the real thing if you want to get picky about it, just chemicals, but like the 'shit Hersheys' you refer it as, it hits the mark. Tastes ok to me, just the typical European snobbery over bullshit!!

As a Canadian citizen I have been exposed to the Chocolates of the World... including that other mass-market brand Cadbury's, which makes Hershey's look/taste like dog food in comparison.

As an American citizen (ya, I'm both) I have never ceased to be amazed and flabberghasted by the totally boring and repetitive nature of the chocolate sold in the USA... every bar seems to be made of wafer, nuts & caramel and have a chocolate coating. If it isn't made by Hershey, it's made by Mars.

Don't tell me that American taste buds couldn't handle a "Coffee Crisp" or an "Aero" bar... If they started selling "Cherry Blossoms" it would probably start another revolution... Is there a national conspiracy to keep Cadbury's out of the USA... or has GW Bush made it part of his "axis of evil".

Sorry... Hershey's is more correctly descibed as chocolate "confectionery" then as real chocolate. Sales is not an important substitute for taste and quality... unless you are a shareholder in the company. Coke has more "sales" but Pepsi wins the "Challenge" each and every time... and there are some fools somewhere that would call a Big Mac a Hamburger... (I'm not one) and MickeyD's sells more of them then there are Rats in Bangkok.

Well, in Thailand, it seems that it isn't Bill Gates that is taking over the world, but those folks in Hersheytown, PA.

tongue.gif

CS

Appreciate your comments CS, but like the thread in the Food Section, there is no right answer on this one. Several hundred million Americans chomping on Hershey's must know something. Maybe you are right and it is more about sales, but I think American tastes are simply different when it comes to their sweets. I once took home some fantastic Dutch Chocolate KS brought me from Holland. My mother, a confirmed chocoholic hated the stuff after one bite. So, I ate it and loved it.

This is not to mention the cost too. Hershey's is far cheaper than your imported chocolates, so your average working Joe would choose the Hershey's.

BTW, Cadbury can be purchased in the USA. I bought a number of bars when I was there last, and they do make some excellent Easter eggs.

I think folks eat what they like for their own reasons, and I would not belittle anyone for their choices.

Even a Canadian.....laugh.gif

Archived