Thailand's 45 Best Looking Teachers

Flashermac

No 22 was perhaps the only one I would consider. What is it with all the metal on perfectly good teeth. One girl told me they are an accessory indicating social status (Hi-So)

I've been told this also, they cost a lot, so if you need to demonstrate your HiSo status they're ideal, they also come in colour, gold, and jewel encrusted these days.

Nope. There will be the Faculty of Liberal Arts, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Engineering etc. The Faculty of Education trains educators (or at least tries to). Its students usually graduate with a BEd, not a BA or BS.

Yeah, but... oh, nevermind. YS

No 22 was perhaps the only one I would consider. What is it with all the metal on perfectly good teeth. One girl told me they are an accessory indicating social status (Hi-So)

Seems to me it's also part of cultivating this ridiculous 'little Japanese girl' persona. I like a girl with some character in her teeth - and I'm damn suspicious of a 'girl' who's had a couple of teeth removed, and has braces on to move the remaining teeth into position - that's pure ladyboy action right there...

YimSiam

Thai women fall into a few broad physical categories, but a lot of girls tend to have a look that runs along these lines. Reasonably short (say 150 to 165 cm), apple cheeked, dark skin, ranging from a light tan to deep chocolate, flat broad nose, full lips, slim bodies (typical range 40 to 55 kilos), little body hair but thick eyebrows, straight teeth, strong jawline and small-breasted.

Meanwhile, the Thai standards of “true†beauty say that a girl should be tall (ideally 170+ cm), light skinned (the lighter the better), with full breasts , with a prominent long, straight, narrow nose.

Though societies message to the girls I have been with hear in Australia and in Thailand is that they are very much the antithesis of beauty. Being small, dark, large lipped, flat nosed, strong jawed and apple cheeked they are monkeys compared to the fair skinned beauties that grace the billboards and TV screens of Thailand. The constant message to these girls is that they are not beautiful.

For me, the opposite is true. I find nothing more pleasing to the eye that to wake up to the contrast of a tiny curled up coffee coloured female body against the white sheets her long black hair falling accross the pillow.

• Like 1

A puzzled taxi driver once asked me why Farangs liked "those dark skinned girls". To him they were ugly. He was from Issan himself, and his idea of beauty meant a fair skinned Northern or Chinese girl ... even if she had a figure like a potato. I suppose most people like someone who is "different", but Thais have a serious hang up on skin colour.

p.s. Thai models and performers in TV commercials are almost invariably very white Chinese Thais. That has always irritated me. Judging by Thai commercials, you might think you were in China.