Give Us Your Password - Is This A Trend?

acockasian

Well I just got jacked up when my wife and I were entering Ca. from the US.

We were going to Winnipeg with a piece of equipment for the rail road.

Yep he wanted my passwords to my laptop and work tablet...

He then has me enter an interview room and starts asking alot of questions.

Long story short he did not like some of the websites I view. All legal in the US and Canada.

Mostly asian sites and massage shops.

He then asks me how is my marriage with my wife going..

I'm like huh? Then the light bulb went off. I explained we are good and do not share and I do not share out my wife. Rotten arse was implying I was trafficking out my wife.

He wondered why we carried different types of money . US / Canadian / Thai.

I explain why and shut him down quickly. We had way less than 10k US total.

He then says who have you been calling in Manitoba.. Oh just by customer/ crane people..

Freakin prick... Yep he checked my call logs.

next time I enter I'm deleteing all my web views and then deleting my call logs and shutting down my internet side on my mobile

This is so scary. If you had not given them the passwords what do you think would have happened?

Usually they threaten to "detain you", move you into an interview room and then they can seize your PC and/or phone.

Your options, few.

Turn around and exit the USA, maybe they let you do that or they could seize you under the (NON) Patriot Act as a terrorist!

Cave in and give them what they want?

After they seize your devices and *** if *** they release you, file a law suit, but good luck with that as the present and past

US Presidents have packed the courts with government and big biz favorable judges.

Pretty much, you are SOL, IMO.

I learned a long time ago about pushing one's luck at customs.

Problem was I had another truck. waiting for me to take the load into Canada as the winter load rates got reduced. So we had a Canadian truck. with an extra tag along axle waiting. Plus I did not want to leave my wife stuck at customs as she does not have a drivers license let alone know how to drive a semi truck..