Nice restaurant near Soi 5?

fatbastard33

Why not ask her where she want's to eat? The Thai's know where the best eateries are (unless they are fresh down from upcountry) and they won't be disappointed afterwards.

Must admit I hardly ever eat in the area you are interested in as I find it too over run with tourists and service although good not the best. But everyone to their own taste.

Cheers,

In feb., I took a special tgf to Pomodoro, an upscale tablecloth Italian restaurant on Suk. @ Soi 5. Relatively expensive but good food and service with an excellent wine list. Get a window seat looking out on Suk. --the Pale Rider

Palatkik wrote:

"Why not ask her where she want's to eat? The Thai's know where the best eateries are (unless they are fresh down from upcountry) and they won't be disappointed afterwards."

She chose last time and I was not too impressed. Also she does not know Sukhumvit all that well.

She also wants to go to a Go Go bar after the meal so I thought a restaurant near Soi Cowboy would be ideal.

Cheers

Fatbastard33

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken a GTG to Le Dalat, a Vietnamese restaurant on Soi 23. Walking from Sukh you pass Soi Cowboy, walk another 200-300 feet or so and it will be on your right.

The restaurant is in a large house in the middle of a garden. Excellent food, imperial feel, superb service, nice surroundings. Dinner for two with 2-3 drinks each cost me about 1,200B I think.

Another advantage is that though not Thai, the food is Asian, and even if your date is not a very adventurous eater she's stilly likely to enjoy it.

Yes, and there is a 2nd Le Dalat about another 100 meters down Soi 23 on the left. Very heavy vegatation in an indoor/ outdoor garden setting. Have not eaten there, but comments from those that have are excellent. Hope to try out next trip.PR

I think there has been good recommendations on this thread.

IMHO, the answer depends on who is the beneficiary of "nice restaurant"? For you, for her or both?

In my experience, BGs do not really enjoy farang restaurants or food, so it may be best to find a place that has both Thai and western food. Or go Thai ...

Most are quite happy with Soi 7 food court.

Jazz,

I agree with your statement re bargirls.

However, I find that when it comes to straight girls they much more prefer going to a nice farang restaurant than to a nice Thai restaurant. I am often the one saying, 'hey, let's go out for Thai food.'

I think among the Thai straight girls it is rather trendy to be seen in farang restaurants with a farang. As Jazz said, the bargirls are generally more comfortable and happier eating Thai food, or visiting a food court.

This is not meant to be an unfair comparison by the way, but as I find myself dating more straight girls and not taking out any bargirls, just an observation.

One thought about this.....

If a BG would insist on going to a nice ( and more expensive ) restaurant, i think, that most of the farangs would probably think of a sort of "scam" to departe more money from a customer. So what ever they( the BGs) are doing it cant be right. Or am i wrong?

The last time i take two BGs to sizzlers they both expressed their concern about the (high) prices, also they do enjoy the food they had.

I personal believe that when you are born and raised in a wooden shack out in nowhere, the thought of spending 600 Baht or more for one meal might be a waste of money in your eyes.

Just a thought, who knows............

Archived