Is There A Snake Expert In The Room

Not good news, looks like I have some sort of snake in the garden. Although I have not seen it, only the snakeskin sheddings, but appears quite large in diameter and not from a small snake. I have sprinked lime powder around to try to discourage, which apparently I understand will work. But obviously will wash away should I want to water garden. Anyone know a different approach what to do, except from moving house.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of snakes in Bangkok, most nothing to worry about. But once a banded krait fell onto my a/c when I opened the screen to close the window. I stood back, threw the cat out of the bedroom to keep it from investigating, and politely asked the snake to leave. It did after a minute or two, and I quickly closed the screen, deciding I didn't need the air on after all. Never saw the beastie around again. :p

Most of the snakes are just the green ones the kids play with. I saw a cobra once in Bangkok, but that was many years ago.

It is worth treating all snakes as poisonous, I've encountered several snakes and on research, discovered them to be very venomous.

Whacking it on the head with a stout implement, removes the danger, and if it's big enough, the next step is curry.

" Check around the foundation of the house for a hole a snake can use as a entrance "

Yes indeed, there are numerous holes at ground level, looks like repair of sand and cement needed ...

post-55327-0-40538200-1426653951_thumb.jpg

There are people who will come and collect snakes from the house-dont know if they are connected to the police or other emergency services-saw on tv afew weeks ago,guy came home to find a 10 ft snake in the house,some agency turned up and caught it,bagged it and took it away,presumably to be released into the wild,however,TIT,so it may have ended up in a curry.

In the last year, we have had three snakes in and around our office. We also had a 1.5m snake skin outside looking about the same

colors as your photo. One snake I captured and carted away. the other two the "snake snatchers" came and took it away.

Last week we found several ceiling tiles pushed down. The snake snatchers came but did not find anything :dunno: