Is There A Snake Expert In The Room

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Get a "snake catcher" to check under the house before sealing the holes. :surprised: "

Yes, i'm looking into the ways of going about this, and checking where the snake might well be. The holes are right at ground level and not so big. I'm not sure what a snake catcher can do in these cirumstances as he can't look underneath, or even if it is there. I've heard snakes don't like smoke, maybe they blow smoke into holes to flush out if its there. I don't even know if it's still around or has disappeared.

For the moment, i'm going to check for signs of shedded skin all the time, and if find more will contact a snake catcher for further advice.

Snakes shed skin when they grow, they grow a new skin under the old one which gets too tight. So if the snake grows slowly you might not see skins for a while, more skins, bigger snake quicker. Very rarely do they live in groups, so it's likely to be one.

Why not let it alone? it's eating your rats.

" Why not let it alone? "

No rats, no mice, no snake to be seen, the area is clean, but of course even in urban areas not too far away. Perhaps a myth, but we have put sulphur around the suspect areas. which is the accepted way to discourage snakes, others on research on the internet disgree.

As far as I know snake catchers will only come out, if physically in front of them. Will check daily for skin, and see what happens.