The Taxi And The Backpackers.

bust

I think if you can at least tell the driver in Thai your destination you are a chance of getting there the quickest and shortest way.

However hop into one holding a tourist map always makes you a soft touch.

Worst experience I ever had with a Bangkok Taxi was one night from Soi 3 to Soi 23 the driver agreed to meter but once we got in asked for 200 baht.

After a small discussion and the threat to get out he turned the meter on. Usually I will give a 100 baht for the trip that runs to about 45 baht.

So to be a smartarse the driver locked the windows and let go of one of the most putrid fart I have ever had to suffer.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bust

Posted Images

" How was this picture created? "

Notice under arm and around fingers on hand, obvious signs of photo manipulation ..... Orginal backgound removed and tourists superimosed on new backgound

post-55327-0-47883900-1427613907_thumb.jpg

I think she is referring to the lighter pixels where there should be none at the border of the arm against the background. Whilst she could be right, these artefacts are common, when a clear cut image is pasted on to another, they are also commonly found, when the sharpening filters in photoshop are used 'too much', specifically the 'sharpen edges' filter, but also others. Another cause of these kind of artefacts is when a photo of low resolution is heavily compressed into a jpeg (joint photographics expert group), the compression software starts averaging the values of the pixels based on too little information (the low resolution) and fudges the output, often with clumps of similar coloured pixels where there were none before.

Me, I reckon the backpacking tourists with mini-backpacker, had walked along the motorway (freeway) in a misguided attempt to get somewhere without having to pay anything. Why they would do this is unknown to me, because I have no understanding of backpacking.

" Yeah right *sigh* miss expert and what exactly are the tell tale signs? "

Whilst playing around with removing the background of this image myself, I realised that someone had already been there and removed the background before. Just my persona opion of course ...

" So who do you believe? :sleeping:

Very sorry to bore you bust, I was just giving my personal opion to your orginal post, maybe not excepted by some members of this board, the tourists were not thrown out of the taxi as reported, and pointing out the picture is not as it appears

But like you, I too, am appalled that some farangs, might like to post misleading posts, in an effort to discredit anything Thai including it's people, and the country they live in.

The above aside calling them

Dirty hippie backpackers. Is amazingly ,and obnoxiously derogAtory

Without meeting them.

Serves them right?

Guitar and backpack I think is sufficient reason to go with a "hippy backpacker" label. Dirty - well, if not yet, they will be soon if they walk on the freeway! Anyway, in my world, warped as it is, "dirty hippy backpacker" is a label applied lovingly and without negative inference (up to a certain point, on the 'dirty' part)...

Actually I meant to be commenting on how the public - and in particular the Thai public - might see this alleged family, although perhaps I didn't make that clear. What I mean to suggest is that: in the general view of the Thai public, the photograph of the man and woman might not generate much compassion, given that persons of their dress and habits (shoulder-exposing, guitar-lugging...) have a bad reputation and come across somewhat poorly in Thailand. However, with a blond-haired baby involved, there would be considerably better chance of generating a supportive response.

Proudly,

dirty drunk hippy backpacking sleazebag sex tourist YimSiam