More Fallout From The Vehicle Rebate Scheme?

cavanami

Driving in Thailand is seldom enjoyable. You are constantly watching every other car and especially motorcycles, since you never know when some idiot will pull in front of you without warning or do something equally stupid. Most Thais don't think ahead. They just decide to do something and go. It's not unusual to see a Thai driver cut across 3 or 4 lanes of traffic to make a right turn. :(

• Like 1

I tend to agree, however the "madness" is sometimes predictable, in the west, traffic congestion so use the emergency lane - Thai invisible third lane.

Need to do a three point turn on a major highway, just stop and let them.

Need to overtake on a corner, just believe it will happen and take the corner carefully.

The only driving I really like is in the bush on one of the motorbikes and back lanes.

Lots of great trails to explore, shortcuts to other villages etc, and a few bits of remaining jungle go for a ride around there.

Otherwise you do need to be very aware,

I always think, when I see a bus wreck on the left of my car facing me, and the gouge it took out of the dividing embankment, no way you could have avoided that, would have just been to fast.

Swimming against the current in one of the large irrigation canals,then drying out by blasting along near deserted roads up around Khon Kaen - happy days :cool: ......that was some years ago.Wouldn`t get back on a bike now though,after getting knocked over by some loony girl doing 60 kph past the local market :nono: