OH MY GOD ? Meaning in Thai?

Goodthaigirl

Hi,

I have two questions.

1. One of the posters mention using swear word 'Oh my God' as funny when it is used by a girl.

So, which Thai word is equivolant to this?

When should I use it? Some examples would be greatly appreciate it.

2. What does bullshitting mean in Thai?

Maybe ´èÒ ?

GTG

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we don't use ¾Ø´â¸ [sic] anymore.

If you know ¾Ø´â¸è, wouldn't you know the modern equivalent in Thai?

P.S. a while back someone asked you if you knew the Thai for pre-menstrual tension.

Is there no Thai word for this?

Nong Good Thai Girl,

Oh My God can be said by M or F no problem at all. The only person it might offend is a strict Christian (I couldnt imagine there be any of these on this board) but being slang probably best used with people you know.

May be your use might have been out of place. What post ? This phrase is just an exclamation and its meaning changes with intonation. I suppose equivalents in thai would be µÒ ! (taay !) µÒÂáÅéÇ (taay laew) or µÒÂÅà (taayla). Not like ´èÒ (daa) at all. Bullshitting is just slang for lying µÃáËÅ (tolae)

Daeng Bireley

I can't add much more than Boo except that I find it very helpful sometimes to see how they translate such expressions in subtitled movies. Of course, you'd probably get the Bowdlerised (cleaned-up) versions!

To "bullshit" is to exaggerate something, to lie, often in a humourous rather than a malicious way. I thought âµáËÅ (sp?)was the general translation, but it could also be translated as "to boast", depending on the context.

Archived