Mekong

The staple food of man, "THE BUTTIE"

What the Fuck is a BUTTIE, well for those of you's not articulate in God's vernacular one may refer to it as a Sandwich, but up Manchester way where I am from it will always be "The Buttie"

BUTTIE thee slaps butter on two kerb stones of bread and then slips any filling one wishes inside one wants.

Globally the "Food to Go" has bee the humble sandwich for centuries , be it the Swarmer from the middle east, the humble kebab from eurasia up to the hamburgers and hotdogs in the USA, man has been slipping high proteins into simple carbohydrates and making a meal of it.

All Hail the Sandwich the staple food of westerners the world over.

In Scotland I've only heard the word buttie (butty) used in reference to a roll or two slices of bread (buttered) filled with chips (French fries not crisps), i.e., chip butty.

In fact on Friday night I had a fish supper and a buttered roll on the side, into which I transferred some of the chips. Delish!

s4-chip-butty.jpg

• Like 2

In Scotland I've only heard the word buttie (butty) used in reference to a roll or two slices of bread (buttered) filled with chips (French fries not crisps), i.e., chip butty.

In fact on Friday night I had a fish supper and a buttered roll on the side, into which I transferred some of the chips. Delish!

s4-chip-butty.jpg

Sir,

One is well educated in the ways of "The Buttie" Hot fat from chips (our side of the pond) melting the butter between 2 slices of bread, unbeatable back in the days.

Now a fish finger buttie (butty) that was a Friday treat for us young catholics back in the 60's., you can't eat meat on a Friday god will be cross, WTF and one wonders why religion was tossed aside like tin soldiers by by this young bugger whom was asking WHY.

My father was Jesua Christ whereas my Mother was more Steve Marriot, I get on better with my mum and meat on friday

Now a fish finger buttie (butty) that was a Friday treat for us young catholics back in the 60's., you can't eat meat on a Friday god will be cross, WTF and one wonders why religion was tossed aside like tin soldiers by by this young bugger whom was asking WHY.

My brother makes an awesome fish finger sarnie, quite a sophisticated creation though.

PS Any reason you didn't start this thread in the Food forum?

PS Any reason you didn't start this thread in the Food forum?

Good Question,

Started as a reaction to KSs thread about Rueben Sandwich, but a Fish Finger Sandwich is allowed a plaice (sorry) in any forum

I have survived for over 30 years on the road humble and not so humble sandwich, maybe that is a boring issue to most, hence the reason for board bar where BM's are allowed to talk utter bollocks,

Now if one thinks that this discussion should be upgraded to the "Food Forum" feel free to evaluate it, but trust me I can still talk shite about the humble butty