Don't Forget, Isis Kills Muslims Too

Flashermac

A Day Before the Paris Attack, Suicide Bombers Killed 43 in Beirut

A day before the Paris attacks that left at least 120 dead and the country in lockdown, suicide bombings in Beirut on Thursday left 43 dead and 239 wounded. According to a terrorist who survived, the attack was reportedly carried out by an ISIS cell sent to Lebanon from the group's stronghold in Syria.

The explosions took place in the southern part of the city near a busy open-air market in the Bourj al-Barajneh district. A number of ISIS-linked Twitter accounts have claimed responsibility for the attack, though nothing could be independently confirmed, according to CNN.

http://mic.com/articles/128551/terrorist-suicide-bombing-attack-on-beirut-lebanon-kills-43-and-injures-hundreds#.c8SMehYxt

Well this is a thought provoking article. Which brings me to a thought I had provoked.

Can any one here clarify for me a point that I am unsure of?

Premise: That Islam, in it's pure and non extremist form, allows for and can deal with and coexist with other religions and philosophies. We have seen this in historical settlements with Jews, Christians and Islamists living along side each other for centuries. (I can't name them but I do know they exist/ed)

Question: Is the premise correct? Or as the media so often tell us, does the religion Islam, have as a basic tenet, that other religions/philosophies are to be eradicated.

Answers please, in non rant form if convenient.

There was large populations of Jews throughout the middle East. Iran had large numbers of Christians as well as jews, formation of Israel radicalised all that and now very few. Historically you are correct. Extremism is an aweful thing in any religion. A Muslim family has looked after one of the famous Jewish site in Israel for generations. People often forget, but Jewish, Christian, and Islam are all threads of the same basic story.

Like all religious books, they all have interesting "passages". The bible in both new and old has some pretty awful, as well as dam sexy passages, Koran the same, Hindu, buddhist, all have these passages.

What I notice is a persons own "theories/passions/beliefs" can be justified if they look hard enough to find the right passage,.

I've read the Koran and bible, and both contain evil passages (not many) sexy passages, down right funny and weird passages. And some good advice in all of them.