Then And Now: How's Your Shagging?

Fiery Jack

How's Your Shagging?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Has your attitude to shagging changed, like Jack's has?

• Yes. Attitude's changed. Still firing on all cylinders physically, but less of a whoremonger now.
    • Attitude's not changed but I've slowed down. It's a physical and/or age thing.
    • No. Attitude's not changed and I've not slowed down.

I can absolutely relate to that, chief. :hug: Ditto for the whole paragraph that follows. :up:

As Dylan sings: "...every one of them words rang true

And glowed like burning coal...

Like it was written in my soul." :applause:

Top post. :bow:

jack :help:

That's the thirteenth century Italian poet in me coming through... tangled up in....

• Like 1

Earlier this year had a chance meeting with a TG I used to be close to .It was c.8 yrs since we split up.Quite a weird experience.We thought about taking up where we left off,but time moves on and its just not the same.Going back 10 yrs the nightlife girls seemed a lot friendlier and easy going.Now its more about the $,or maybe its just me thats no longer the hansum man :grinyes:

• Like 1

Regarding this 10-years-and-not-the-looker-I-once-was sketch... :hmmm:

Going back 10 yrs the nightlife girls seemed a lot friendlier and easy going.Now its more about the $,or maybe its just me thats no longer the hansum man :grinyes:

you are right, but then I am no longer a handsome man

Soi 7 beer garden really is a pitiful beast, a living advert for euthanasia or at best suicidal alcoholic despair. The last time I saw such a shockingly motley bunch of miserably unattractive, deeply unnerving, palpably desperate and clearly mentally unwell females under the same roof was decades ago at the ouch drunk fight club known as Champers Nite Club in my UK hometown. and that's why I have not lived in Britain for the last 25 years.

Yes, you are a prostitute. Yes, you are desperate. Yes, it's a shit world. But stop staring/gesturing/shouting at me like a deranged harridan from across the fucking room. It draws attention to you and, more unforgivably, to me. I would, after some careful consideration, rather stick a red-hot steel poker up my arse than have any form of sexual contact or even be seen in public talking to you. No, I am not going to beckon you over, just as I wasn't two minutes ago, or on the other 23 times you've tried to engage my attention in the 30 minutes since I crossed the threshold to this hellhole.

Dignity is, of course, priceless. Which means it is free. These morons don't get that.

(Anyway, I probably shagged you 10 years ago, when you were young and pretty, and so was I. Let it go. Let it go.)

I have 4 bottles of beer and go home. My world is blurred and skewed and warped in ways it never used to be. And yet some parts are clearer.

... Yes, we all ache where we used to play, as Cohen says, but, as he also says, I'm old but I'm still into that. :applause:

10 years ago (okay, okay, let's say 15, just to be safe) I still looked like, and in many ways still was, a young man. Inside, not much has changed since then; maybe I'm a bit calmer and gentler — not for me to say — but stick a dozen beers down my throat and I'll soon revert to type. Outside, however, it's gone pear shaped and I can't pass for young any more, nor do I wish to. I'm not old, and I'm not hideously ugly, but I'm no longer a young man. No one shouts 'handsum man!' at me any more. :( They used to. :bang:

But I saw loads of blokes 10/15/20 years ago in LOS who were what I am now. I knew some of them. And they were smiling and having the 'girlfriend experience' that these days is as much a thing of the past as my (once passably) 'good looks'. :cool:

Long story short, I don't think it's anything to do with us not being lean and looking 'handsum' any more. It's economics, money, the way of the world. I'm glad I was 30 when I was 30, and not now. :nono: We had it good, lads. We still do. :applause:

No worries. To quote that ugly old alcoholic tosspot Fiery Jack :clown:, "My world is blurred and skewed and warped in ways it never used to be. And yet some parts are clearer." :bow:

• Like 2

I'm glad I was 30 when I was 30, and not now."

Me too, actually I woulda preferred being 30, 35 yrs ago. But what do I know.

Ha ha, yes, roger that one. :up:

I've often thought that too — because if I'd been born 5 years earlier I'd have been at my shagging/gigging/ligging youthful peak during the revolutionary UK punk and post-punk drugs-and-shagging explosion of the late-70s (during which I was still at school and just a wee bit too young :( ), and not during the pile-of-shite unisex celibate (for me) Duran Duran New Romantic AIDS-panic safe-sex nightmare of the early-80s that followed (during which I was freshly in adulthood and raring to go in, ahem, eyeliner and pixie boots :doah:). :shakehead

I wanted this...

sexy-girls-smoking-pot-178-17.jpeg

But I ended up with this...

francesco-mellina-new-romantics.jpg

Otherwise, no complaints. :applause: