Us Ambassador In The Poo

bust

" didn't know that Thais celebrate Christmas but Happy Holidays to you and everyone on this board. "

Sure a lot do including me but hey my boyfriends farang ... Cooking a farang type Christmas dinner , ummmmm and a lot of friends are coming too .... With plenty to drink I hope everyone will soon forget what it tastes like ...

•  

post-55327-0-71203700-1449853774_thumb.gif

I'm sure that you understand the difference between the commercial and religious aspect of Christmas and don't have a manger sitting next to the tree. That's why I usually say Happy Holidays, because not everyone that I greet is a Christian. I'll have to quiz my Thai family on their knowledge of the religious aspect of Christmas. By the way, my wife's idea of a Christmas dinner doesn't change much from what she eats daily; rice and chicken.

If you can wait 25-30 years, I can push my 8 year old son, who has dual Thai-U.S. Citizenship, into a career as an Ambassador. Doing research, Americans with dual citizenship are in elective office, heads of government agencies and Ambassadors (even Ambassadors to countries where they have citizenship, along with their U.S. citizenship). While he doesn't look Thai, he does speak, read and write Thai and gets his "thainess" from his mother. I'm not sure what his positions would be but he would know enough tosay the things that please Thais. After all, "face"/appearance in Thailand is prized above everything else.

I think you could say that about pretty much anything any government or elected official in Thailand ever says or does, since they are doing so as the spokesperson of their nation which has a Head of State and so by extension any criticism of them or their office is also a criticism of the Head of State.