What to do at the airport?

korsow

Hi everyone, I'll be coming to thailand in august. It's gonna be europe-bangkok-udon thani. In between arrival at Don Muang and departure to Udon I have to wait about 6-7 hours for my friends flight to arrive. So question is: what can I do around the airport to kill the time? Are there any malls/cinema/game rooms or other forms of entertainment in or close to the airport? Any spa's or relaxation area's? I would prefer not going all the way to the inner city.

Thanks,

Korsow

To my knowledge there is not much to do at the airport. I dunno about malls in the area, maybe in Rangsit or Laksi Plaza?

A few weeks ago I had 6 hours wait between planes, breathing airt outside the departure hall was "breathtaking".

If you are in for thai food you can try the foodmall with real thai foodstalls on the right hand side at the beginning of the walking bridge towards the domestic terminal (if you go to Udon thaking that walking bridge is a better option than to wait for thr free shuttle bus) That will kill one hour...

at the far end of Terminal 2 (near the bridge to the domestic terminal thalenoi mentioned) is a bookstore with English newspapers and magazines

there are several places with internet access inside the airport

You can leave the airport and walk across the bridge to Amari Airport Hotel. They have a special "short time" rate for I think 4 hours. Next to the hotel is a temple, and if you just keep walking you find a market.

The closest mall is Laksi Plaza, 7 km from the airport on the highway towards the city center, boring.

Several malls in the north of Bangkok (Central DS, Major Cineplex Rachayothin with games and movies) are almost as far as a taxi to Nana on the expressway.

My recommendation:

Leave your luggage at the Left Baggage area at the north end of the baggage carousels, get a meter taxi from the queue outside the arrival area, and you are in business...

Using the expressway/tollway you can be on lower Sukhumvit in 20 - 30 minutes any time of day. You will find much more to do there than shuffling around the airport for 6 hours.

J22J

Amari offers a day rate, depends on arrival time, but good for a shower, and massage (possible extras). Or go to Don Maung Mansion (another hotel), and cruise around the area, or ask someone there if "massage girls" are available...or else hang out under the escalators and look up the skirts of air hostesses!:)

Korso,

The best suggestion to date, is to get bag locker, catch a ride to lower sumkumvit.

Maybe go to edend club for a quick and enjoyable interlude.

You can even get the Airport bus, for 100 baht, have 2-3 hours enjoyment, and be back in time for a piss weak cupochino smile.gif

Cheers

Foget the airport.

Drop your bags, grab a taxi, and head over to CP2. That's a great way to work the kinks out after a long flight.

Archived