Clinton Plaza

Ckrisg

Been reading about the developments at Clinton Plaza on Asia Bungle. Car park is now closed off and drilling rigs are in place to test for the new Hotel.

Question for you guys, I always enjoy a couople of beers at Bills Coffee house when in LOS, will that bar close and did the owner know something as he has opened up a bar opposite in the Thermae complex.

Chris

I'm alittle curious about where does CEP start , is it from the steps up on Suk or on the steps leading down into Check Point Charlies , reason I ask is that the owner of the Charlies Angels ( former Tivoli ) is same as CPC I believe. Is this 2 doomed bars now or is Charlies Angels safe ? Anyone know ?

BadaBing

>>>Question for you guys, I always enjoy a couople of beers at Bills Coffee house when in LOS, will that bar close and did the owner know something as he has opened up a bar opposite in the Thermae complex.<<<

Fun bar! I spent a couple of afternoons there my last trip. Nice bunch of girls, especialy the two sister cashiers. No.....I didn't pull from there, just had good fun. Good food, too. Pretty exstensive menu. I read somewhere they have live music on Friday nights?? But, sounds like their days are numbered. Too bad......

HT

Last I heard from a CEP bar owner, the problems had been sloved, and all was supposed to resume as "normal." I think the plan was to build a hotel and bigger entertainment complex of some kind around what now exists (I think this was the original plan, if you can access the old web site for CEP). But then I am not really sure, the Bar owner I know has also leased out his bar...so who knows?

The entire building and all the bars in it or around it are going to be leveled including Bills and Tivoli in the not too distant future although it might still be a while before the new owner is able to evict all the current tenants so enjoy the bars while you can.

New owner is rumored to be Accor Hotel Group (Novotel, Sofitel, Chateau etc.)

Hi,

I know where Bill's is. On the corner of the place you can drive into Clinton Plaza. A picture of a car is on the sign at the entrance. It is an outside bar, but has a roof over it. Does "Jan" ring a bell for you? And I have seen pictures with a live band playing in this place at night, with statements that this occures every Friday night. Send me a PM, and I'll shoot some pictures to you, just to see if we're on the same page here.

I'd really hate to see this place go by the wayside.

HT

Archived