Update on Thermae

Fatboy

In reply to:

Sarisin wrote:

Maybe on the latter my attitude will change when I see a few good reports here on the Grace

It's a great place to go to early in the morning while you're still jetlagged. On my last trip I went to bed early and alone on the second or third day, and I woke up before 6 AM. I took a shower and I was ready to rock 'n roll, except where do you go at 6 AM?

The answer is, Grace.

The place was halfway deserted and there were some strange apparitions there, that's for sure. As I was eating breakfast, one of them approached me with a request for tequila. I did buy her the drink just for the experience (and regretted it later).

In any case, I ended up going back to my hotel around 10 AM with a nice lady from the South. One of those who really enjoy sex. A little too much maybe--after round one I was ready to pack my bags and take a cab to Ekamai. She, however, was ready for round two and didn't want to leave the room.

I will reluctantly agree with Sarisin though, Grace does seem to attract a clientele that makes Thermae seem like a high class joint. The lady from Grace refused to drink water from an unsealed bottle in my room, claiming she'd gotten drugged before. By a farang.

I'm not surprised.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have?? Yes, and Buriram too!>PRSarisin> I have set members of the Connection up with nanaplaza and asfo guys and they have enjoyed the experience. One of these days I have to finish my write-up on multipleheaders for the paysite.

Confused by the various replies:

I know first hand, the waiters in Thermae have a mission in life to make the guy buy a drink, fast, or ask him to leave. Some of the waiters now think they can act tough about it, maybe they can, time will tell. But, they best be more careful who they fuck with...could be the wrong guy. It is your typical give a person a little power and they will run amuck with it.

I have just read of a cover charge at Nana Disco, of 160baht, good for a drink or two, does not matter, I dont' pay covers so will pass..

Then I read your post about girls paying 40baht to enter this new Grace underground? place, is there a cover for the guys as well??

thanks in advance,

NOk the Kook

In reply to:

Then I read your post about girls paying 40baht to enter this new Grace underground? place, is there a cover for the guys as well??

No cover for guys.

They have had waiters for at least three years. Mostly male, a few older ladies. As I posted elsewhere, they have taken matters beyond customer service in regards to drink sales.

Nothing has irked me more than a waiter in Thermae TELLING me to get out even though I had already ordered a drink from another waiter. He needed to be told more than a few things, but I held back. It was and IS NOT my duty to tell him I have already ordered and explain from who etc.. Much like the massage touts along the street in the day, you owe them nothing, be nice and say no thanks, that is it. If they want to make something of it fine, but I am rambleing...as i said, they must have given them this instruction without any advice on how to read the customer. It will only take ONE drunk farang to correct it, however, I am sober.

have a safe trip

Nok

BOTTOM LINE: They are attempting to switch from a policy of "if you stay, buy a drink" to "If you enter, you MUST buy a drink"...condoneing such practices will only allow them to breed and next thing you know, same will apply to GoGo bars and who knows what else..

regards

Nok

Nice to know you are still lurking around. VERY CUTE getting your mate to ban me from nanapong, shows true balls of fire, sure that made the circle jerks more fun.

That ol burn the books mentality worked here in the USA, certainly will in Thailand as well. Ban those who make sense on Nanapong then the business interest can prosper, quite a novel concept, and we shall see...

Miss our exchanges, glad you are still well.

Nok the Kook

Archived