Update on Thermae

Fatboy

Went I was at Nana Disco in May. Around 10-11pm. Maybe too early... the place was kinda slow but still fun. Had about 2 dozen girls and a couple of guys. Including me and i was with a date.

I ordered a Johnny Walker Black cola and my lady order orange juice. When the drinks arrived there were two of each. "Special Promotion" it was explained. There were half a dozen sexy ladies dancing and enjoying themselves on the dance floor. Everyone seemed to be having a genuine good time. Sanuk was happening.

The fire exits being locked?!? I will check it out next time. They are clearly marked from the inside and It would be criminal to lock them as i do know the place can get packed.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smitty,

My normal routine was impacted by this 2am closing crap.

I used to hit the NEP gogo bars until 2am. Then, I would head over to Angels for about an hour. Then, if I was still standing (alone), I would make the trek to the Thermae. I was never one much for the Grace. I had two nice visits there months ago, but, IMO, the place blows now. The last two times I was there I can only use the word 'dangerous' to describe the atmosphere there. So, now, if I don't have female company by 2am, I go home alone. Frankly, I have been dating straight girls much more often than taking bargirls home. I still visit the bars, but don't take as many ladies home from them as in the past.

Of course, there are exceptions like the following post.

Anyway, now when I go out, I hit the gogo bars until about 12:30 and then go to Thermae. I stay away from the Grace, and, Angels, preferring Thermae instead - hard to hit both.

Hmmm, SOTH, I bet you aren't a subscriber to KS's fine paysite, are you?

If you were, you could have read all about this tripleheader as that is where I post my weekly bar adventures. Although, I am having some trouble writing just about bars as I have not been frequenting them as much.

I will say that I have a group of girls in Thermae I call the Surin Connection, which now comprises 17 ladies who prefer to go in numbers rather than alone. The permutations are endless and I have never had a bad multipleheader with this group. No bullshit about taking certain ladies and leaving others behind either.

I have set members of the Connection up with nanaplaza and asfo guys and they have enjoyed the experience.

One of these days I have to finish my write-up on multipleheaders for the paysite.

"The fire exits being locked?!? I will check it out next time. They are clearly marked from the inside and It would be criminal to lock them as i do know the place can get packed."

Yes, it would be criminal, and it would be done without a second thought if there was an extra few baht to be made. TIT.

ok here we go again...

start the evening at soi7 beergarden & check out the talent.

then hit soi cowboy around 8pm for some diddling/BJ & watch some nudity...

before midnight one should indulge in the NEP for a couple of drinks & if still 'single' & it's past midnight HIT ANGELS!

now if no girls are meant for you this night then head to THERMAE & stay untill closing 2am at the latest...

still hungry for more? follow the crowd to GRACE:

now many guys state that grace is a dangerous place only frequented by arabs, russians & butt ugly girls not to mention violent criminal types, but just relax & make your own judgement ;-)

ib, my comment about the Grace being dangerous had nothing to do with the nationalities of the customers. And, I never mentioned anything about criminals in the place.

The last time I was there the place was so crowded, you just couldn't move. This was after 2:30 am. I would say 80 - 90 % of the farangs present were very drunk. Several just slammed into me to get to wherever they were trying to go - I had no idea where that might be.

I think whenever you put a large number of very drunk people into crammed quarters you certainly have a higher potential for confrontations and fights. It doesn't matter if the drunks are black, white or purple.

Also, it was nearly impossible to get a drink. The bar was 5 deep and even the harried waitresses couldn't make it through the crowd to get a drink for you.

Finally, there were at least five male farangs for every lady present. Not the kind of odds that I would call good hunting.

Once again, though, like any bar, it depends on the night you were there. I will say after two nights as described above, I decided I didn't feature the mosh-pit in the Grace any longer and have not been back.

As I said, I am now a firm believer of if it doesn't happen by 2 am (at Thermae or a gogo), it is time to call it a night. There will be other nights. smile.gif

sarasin, even my last reply wasn't to you I appreciate your comments & understand them, but for me with limited days in LOS I ´normally don't like to call it the night at 2am if I for some strange reason hasn't hooked up yet!

I must say also I've never pulled a lady at grace, but once went with an angels girl & a few times alone - finding girls elsewhere afterwards...

anyways would never force anyone to go there against his free will, but as places are VERY limited after 2am - take alook for yourself!

[color:red]now many guys state that grace is a dangerous place only frequented by arabs, russians & butt ugly girls not to mention violent criminal types, but just relax & make your own judgement ;-) color=red>

Sorry for the confusion, ib, but your comment above had nothing to do with what smittyjp wrote, but what I wrote. At least, that's what I thought.

I do appreciate the recommendation of the Grace, but, as stated, I have no intention of going there for two reasons:

1. I just don't intend to stay out past 2am. If I don't have a lady by 2am, I call it a night and go home alone. When you live here like I do, you know there will be other nights and other chances.

2. I really did not feel comfortable (I was going to use the word 'safe.' but that might be overstating it a bit) the last two times I was in the Grace. If I see a situation with the potential for trouble, I just stay away.

Maybe on the latter my attitude will change when I see a few good reports here on the Grace, but I have not seen any. Even the Trinkster pans the place in his column.

But, to each his own, and I do see your point about wanting to stay out past 2am and not many options available. I used to enjoy staying at Thermae until the wee hours in the past, but no longer. Guess I'm getting old. smile.gif

Archived