Update on Thermae

Fatboy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fatboy,

I'll likely be heading over there in about 6 hours. I just moved to a new apt. that is a five minute walk away - how the hell did that happen?

I just love Thermae. My last three trips there resulted in (a) a doubleheader (B) a tripleheader and © a singleton with an outstanding lady.

And, the great thing is I have no idea what might happen tonight in that place.

Thermae is still the best place for freelancers that I know about IMO.

Do they still lock the rear exit door of Nana Disco?

If so, I don't think I will return there soon. The last time I was there, the place was packed with only one way in or out. It was a mess and quite dangerous.

I know they do this so they can screen people entering, but if anything bad ever happens and folks have to get out in a hurry, a disaster will result with only one exit.

But, I bet there are plenty of nice looking ladies there.

Sarisin,

The rear door was open about a week ago when I was there.

Nana Disco now charge 160 baht (coupon good for first drink) to enter, for guys only. The cost plus the low season factor makes the place less crowded than before ... plenty of girls ... and I can actually walk around the place.

Thermae has been closing at 2am ... now I think you are required to purchase a drink after entering the place.

Not that busy ... and at least to me, not many attractive girls. Definitely not same as one year ago.

Grace, after 2am, is the place to go .. many beautiful girls, drunk guys ... total Star War bar ...

Jazz,

Not sure about that requirement for buying drinks at Thermae - certainly not for the ladies. I was there last night early, but I always buy a beer as soon as I enter. You always see plenty of girls without drinks in Thermae and the staff there certainly doesn't push drinks IMO.

Thanks for the info on Angels. I didn't know about the minimum, and it is good to know they opened the back door. How do they prevent people from sneaking in and avoiding the 160 baht? Staff at the back door collecting too?

How much are, say, beers normally in Angels?

Thanks.

hell no entry fee at angels these days! well it won't stop me from going there as the girls are most nights worth it at least compared to cm2, spasso etc

beers used to be 130B & wine coolers only 90B as I recall it a few months back...

in case of fire I'm sure the back door would go up, but these risks I consider so slim it'd never stop me.

anyhow Jazz pretty much laid out the facts on the 3 most fascinating venues in town: angels, thermae & grace ;-)

I'll be in LOS from 5.juli onwards...

Neither Thermae or Angel Disco charges the girls ... only the punters. I am not 100% sure about Thermae as I usually stop by the bar first thing ... but have seen the staff asking guys as they walk in.

A beer at Angel Disco is not cheap ... I think it is 120 baht or more ... maybe 140. Ususally I am not in shape to remember the details :-)) Like I said, I don't know if it's due to 160 bath entry or low season (perhaps a combination of both), it's not crowded like last year. But a plenty of girls in there .... very nice ones too!!!

Grace, on the other hand, are charing 40 baht to ladies entering the coffee shop without male companion. I brougt three girls and had to pay for two girls. If you can stay awake, it's a facinating place around 2:30 to 3am ... and keeps going and going and going. Latest I left was at 7am and it was still going fairly strong.

There is a security posted on the back door, but do not collect or allow entrance. At the main entrance, once you purchased the ticket, you get your hand stamped ... it's not as crowded as before, so walking back to the main entrance is not hard anymore.

Archived