Welcome 2024 at any of 31 camping sites offered for free by Highways Dept

Coss

Want to do something different during this New Year’s break? You can now ring in 2024 at a camping site under the stars thanks to the Department of Highways’ newest initiative.

Sarawut Songwilai, the department’s director general, said the department is making 31 plots of land available for camping as part of the Transport Ministry’s plan to boost tourism.

These 31 locations will be open to holidaymakers from December 29 to January 4. (so only then?)

Sarawut said the camping sites, managed by the Department of Highways, come with complimentary drinking water and toilet facilities. Dedicated officials will also be on standby round the clock to help campers. What’s even better is that no fees will be collected.

Those eager to secure their spot can call the department’s 1586 hotline at any time of the day or night. The sites are located across the country, with 21 in the North, five in the Northeast, three in the West and two in the Central region.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/tourism/40033498

_____

Finally  -  an article published in the same day as the posting thereof!  What a relief!

Coss, I am calling this an absolute breakthrough. To start with, anything that is free did always fascinate me, talking about free beer for example . And now read this :

" Sarawut said the camping sites, managed by the Department of Highways, come with complimentary drinking water and toilet facilities. Dedicated officials will also be on standby round the clock to help campers. What’s even better is that no fees will be collected. "

The possibility to take a dump for free is something that will attract tourism from all countries worldwide and if it is only because dedicated officials will help campers in need  to clean their ass and no fees. Round the clock, Holy Lord.

Do you think that they will offer an upgrade from complimentary drinking water in favour of complimentary beah Singh for elderly people over 75 years like they grant them access through the VIP immigration at Suvannapum? I hope so. I am now calling 1586.

Thinking about, what does "camping" mean, towing a caravan over from Europe or what? Please clarify. Stickman keeps on complaining about high air fares from NZ, this might change his view.