Third time a charm?

Saint Alphonso

Here's a question for you gents married to a Thai woman. 

If your relationship ended, by divorce or her passing away, would you ever marry another Thai lass? Why or why not?

I've known a few farangs married to Thai women who have passed away. They all remarried another Thai lass, all much younger than them. (Jesus, cancer seems to be very prevalent here in its various forms.) And they all seem to be very negative about their new relationships. Myself I think they are just too much older than the new wife, and the age difference is an issue, as well as the new wife needing money for various things, much of which seems due to their supposed family obligations, previous children and such, wanting to start a business or get an education, etc. Plus the farangs, being mainly of retirement age, are mostly much less flush than during their earlier relationships. I hear these complaints quite a lot from these remarried to younger Thai women while they have basically aged out from their prime and their income earning days.

Would you, under these circumstances, remarry? Or would you tend to go toward the rental aspect of relationships here?

These are older men, and know what they are getting into usually, and I feel are looking more for some steady companionship and someone to care for them in their dotage. Yes, the little blue pill will help these older gents in the sack, so as to give them the illusion of youthful vigor at times to satisfy their new younger mate, but to my mind they are possibly going in the wrong direction to finding a decent mate that will be there for them in their later years, which is fast coming upon them.

What do you think? What would you do or not do in the same situation?

Myself personally would go the rental route, although that as well can have its difficulties. Maybe an older still in decent shape lass with her days of needing to support the family behind her who would like occasional companionship? 

Saint Alphonso, looking for a decent pancake breakfast.

I'm a big believer in the half + 7 years age gap.

I'm totally against old men having kids. 

45 is the oldest you should have kids. You need to be an active influence

Would I marry again?

Nope too old,, maybe 10 years ago I would have but I'm happy with my lot.

I think regardless of the race, tooany men think they need to change/pretend to change to win the girl they want

OR

They suffer from white knight syndrome, so common in Thailand

They need to "save" the poor girl,

Neither of the above works

What works is being friends first, become good mates

That builds real longativity

I also believe often in arranged marriages for the same reason

;)

Agree with this mostly. And years together does build bonds and friendship and is/can be part of the relationship I feel as well.

As for old guys having kids I also feel it is not wise for most. Hell, I think raising kids is a younger man's gig. Grandkids are good as you can play with them and 'help' raise them, and then when tired of it give back to the parents. LOL

As for arranged marriages I am against it. Who know who the hell my parents would have chosen. LOL Some religious nice girl from my own background, age, race, etc would not be for me.

12 minutes ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I'm a big believer in the half + 7 years age gap.

I'm totally against old men having kids. 

45 is the oldest you should have kids. You need to be an active influence

Would I marry again?

Nope too old,, maybe 10 years ago I would have but I'm happy with my lot.

I think regardless of the race, tooany men think they need to change/pretend to change to win the girl they want

OR

They suffer from white knight syndrome, so common in Thailand

They need to "save" the poor girl,

Neither of the above works

What works is being friends first, become good mates

That builds real longativity

I also believe often in arranged marriages for the same reason

;)

Question being what if she left you or passed away? How would that influence your decision?

I believe the 1% rule applies with Thai woman. 99% are opportunistic, dishonest and generally never put all their eggs in one basket when it comes to relationships with farangs.

Yes I know some have won the lottery and have observed them have a wonderful life together but it is rare.

So what are the chances of you winning the lottery twice 😊

• Thanks 1