Never pay a barfine again!

Just back from ten days in LOS and a worldly wise gentleman finally opened my eyes to the absurdity of paying barfines.

Here's how it works. Next time you visit, on your first night go to a go-go, sit down, order a cold one, look for a comely young lass, give her the come hither grin, and when she sidles up next to you the plan kicks in.

Tell her you've just flown in and are really too tired to go with a girl tonight, but you'd like to meet her tomorrow. Ask for her phone number. If she's the least bit interested she'll give you that number. Tuck it away in your wallet, arrange a time to call and then say goodnight. Exit bar and go to the next go-go and repeat the process.

By the end of the night you could have as many as 6-8 girls numbers. But I'd recommend getting just a couple - one you will definitely ring and another if that girl is a no-show the next day.

After this you can go to as many go-gos as you please just for some eye candy, Lao language practice and flirting.

Fine, you say, but what about that night? Well, if you're really keen you pay your one and only barfine that night to take a girl, or at 2am you stand outside NEP or SC or PP and hook up with a girl then.

You meet the phone-number girl the next afternoon and do some horizontal folk-dancing, and then repeat the above process that night.

With barfines now hitting 600B or more in some places, this is a way to save the folding stuff for more valuable purposes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all the bars go out of business and the girls get sacked. Is that what you want?

I have never met anyone in LOS who has made a fortune out of running a bar - most do it as a subsidised hobby. Try talking to Graham at TLR - you might learn something.

CM

Except:

1) If the girl shags you during business hours, then she's going to have to pay all or part of a barfine to keep her job. Most of them would be smart enough to pass the cost of that off to the punter.

2) If the girl shags you before work, then you have to be ready to shag on someone else's schedule. If her shift starts at 2PM, you need to be ready to shag at noon latest -- better no to keep one's company overnight?

A 600 baht barfine is still only US$14.50. A sex vacation in Thailand is a luxury, not a neccesity. If the margin is so thin you can't throw 20 bucks in the street per day on a whim, maybe one is vacationing beyond their means.

And the point of a holiday is relaxation. If your head is still in the office, crunching numbers and running totals, you probably aren't having all the fun you could be.

If barfines are a moral issue, there's only a bazillion freelancers to be had any time of day or night.

Where's the hassle? You go to a bar, have a beer or two, chat with a girl, have a good look around, just like every punter. Only difference is you have have sex before and not after, or maybe both.

As for the poor old bar owners, my heart really bleeds for the likes of King's Group missing out on my baht. I'm still paying twice the retail price of beer for having an eyeful.

And I should add that this is something that works even more effectively for residents than it does for the humble tourist.

Rather cheap, dont you think ?

First, the girls get a kickback out of the BF, secondly they make a living, thirdly are you one of the guys looking only to pay the strict minimun of 1000 Bt LT ?, fourthly what you save daily is barely what you would spend daily on food back home !

Last point : if you want to make even more savings : move your business to Pattaya, there a BF is only 300 Bt, lodgings will be even cheaper, and all will be within walking distances saving you busfare too.

Sorry for the ranting, but you are willing to fly half the world to get laid and thus spend a large amount of money doing so, and then wanting to safe money the cheap way........ hmmmm not my style !

Cheers !

"I'm still paying twice the retail price of beer for having an eyeful. "

The retail price where? Tops? Foodland?

If you want the price to come down, find a bar with no music, air-conditioning or staff. Just a big coolerfull of cheap beer and you. Sounds like a party.

Archived