Aids ? Denial ?

Bembaman,

"# 1. sexual practices-dry sex, little foreplay etc which MASSIVELY affect the risks" Interesting point.

I certainly concur with point #2. It is quite extraordinary how widespread the belief in 'muti' still is in all social classes of modern Africa. Also, sadly some 'cures' directly cause the infection of others - the rape of young girls has risen stratosperically due to a pervasive and tragic belief that sex with a virgin cures HIV.

"# 3. Different strains of the virus." Does anyone know the contagious rate differences between the Asian and African strains?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about two and a half years ago.

i don't remember which deseases were stated on the certificate itself, i did not even look at it that much, just went o the neighborhood clinic and picked it up. i remember very clearly though that on the requirements given to me by the relevant office an AIDS test was clearly stated.

About 3 months ago our falang could get his work permit with the following Medical Certificate. I have the copy on my desk right now: (Phraram 9 Hospital)

1. Leprosy

2. Tuberculosis

3. Drug Addiction

4. Alcoholism

5. Elephantiasis

That's it. No HIV test.

Never mind. Let's close the discussion.

Didier

Archived