Warbler's II Sold to Hotel

Sarisin

I'm putting this here because besides being an eatery, Warbler's II had the occasional band and was suitable for nightlife.

Met Santos last night and he gave me a brief update on his 'empire.'

As stated, he figured out finally that Warbler's II was just not making it in Pattaya. He sold the works to the Baiyoke Hotel. Some of the staff is being moved back to Warbler's back in Bangkok.

He bought the building next to Hunter's Pub and is considering what he might do with that. You will recall he owns the nearby Beauty Salon - Laundry/Dry Cleaning establishment called Skinhead.

Warbler's is doing great. He had a banner month with the World Cup bringing in crowds. He is continuing the buffets, which, IMO, are one of the best deals in town.

Finally, I was really happy to hear he will be putting in more time at Titty Twister. TT used to be one of my favorite party gogo bars around. However, recently it quite frankly sucked bigtime and I dropped it out of my Bangkok Gogo Top Ten.

However, last night I dropped by at 12:30 pm and sure enough there was Santos playing the congenial host buying drinks (including the dratted tequila shots frown.gif) and having ladies climb on stage to do strip teases and dances.

It was just like the old days with lots of fun and good old rock and roll. Also, a few new cute dancers. I broke a string of mine and actually paid a barfine for one

Snow clouds are now gathering over the Big Mango. smile.gif

..."As stated, he figured out finally that Warbler's II was just not making it in Pattaya. He sold the works to the Baiyoke Hotel."

I'm not surprised. I think it was just a case of location, location, location! I was there shortly after it opened and find that the Baiyoke is just far enough south of So. Pattaya Rd to be out of the main tourist loop. Whereas Warbler-I is just a few doors from Nana Plaza.

I also told him that after my first visit. I think he knew, but because he got such a great deal from the Baiyoke owners, he gave it the old collegiate try.

As to what might show up next to Hunter's, I don't think he is soliciting input. I think he knows what he wants to do, but will not announce it until he KNOWS what it will be. He is a very saavy businessman.

Archived