sushi - I need it.....

Pablo666

There is a good Japanese restaurant in Mahboonkong. (forgot the name but it's on the 2nd floor i think) You can sit at a counter where the food passes by you on little boats. 25 baht for any item. And you can order from the menu too. Good service and all the green tea hot or cold you can drink.

A year ago April, when my wife and I were back for Songkran, we ate at Oishi. A friend had mentioned the buffet and, not having a Japanese buffet here at the time, we decided to go.

It was very mediocre. If this Kozosushi place has a never-ending conveyer of sushi for B200, paying B500 for the addition of soggy tempura and tasteless miso, seems a tremendous waste.

MBK and World trade center have a few decent places. Also, many of the skytrain stations have a stand that sell o.k. stuff. Big C market also had a woman making various sushi, which was mediocre at best. There was a decent place near the Japanese clubs adjacent to Patpong a while back, the Japanese guys seemed to like it, just walk around the area and see.

http://www.oishirestaurant.com

I've actually never been to Oishi but my friends seem to like the one in Thonglor.

Now I have eaten Oishi plenty of times ... delivery!!!! OK, there aren't too many places (in UBC magazine) that deliver Japanese food, but I have to say Oishi is the best.

Their curry rice is pretty good ... only thing is their delivery time (I live in lower Suk) is bit longer than 30 minutes .. 45 minutes to 1 hour at times.

Archived