Herpes

Hello everyone

I think that I've got Herpes. Been checking around the web and what I've read confirms my worst thoughts.

It's on my dick and I've got some blisters developing and it's mighty paifull when I touch the infexted area.

Should I go and see a doctor because I've been reading that there's not a lot that they can do?

Also is there any drugs that you can buy from the local chemist without a doctors prescription. I'm based in London so we can't just go in and buy anything off the shelf.

Anyone out there with this damned problem and if so I'd really appreciate some news and views?

Thanks

Zander

If you have classic symptoms of a Herpes outbreak, then that is what you probably have. Going to a doctor allows you to be checked for other infections that may have been transmitted at the same time and to confirm a Herpes infection. For a primary infection, the general duration is around four weeks-two weeks it gets worse and two weeks it gets better. For a secondary infection, duration is around 10 days-5 days worse and 5 days better. Antiviral medications, such as acyclovir, are helpful for a primary infection to lessen the duration and severity of the attack, but for a secondary infection, it must be started within 24 hours of the attack to exert much effect. These medications are not available over the counter, but you can get Domboro packets (makes Burrow's solution)-put a packet in a quart of cold water and soak the region in it. It will provide some relief until the symptoms abate.

Thanks tomc12

I saw my Dr today and he pretty much though that it was H but sent me down to the local STD clinic for them to do their tests.

But what worries me as both you and the Dr say is 'test for other STDs'. Now this girl (who I caught it from) is from a 'high risk' group when it comes to all types of stds including the very worse ones. Is there any connection between say contracting herpes and hiv at the same time, do they often like to 'travel' together or are they totally unconnected? I realise that it maybe a stupid question or indeed maybe one that is hard to answer but any comment would be a help.

I also found a number from a Herpes Helpline and gave them a call. Had a long chat with a very nice lady and she said that actually Herpes wasn't as bad as all that (in most cases) and that the Drug businesses had down an excellent job in demonising it. I sort of agree with her because when I first thought I had it I thought that I had contacted a very nasty disease, but when I talked with the Dr and read about it, it's not as bad as the propaganda. The herpes helpline said that they always try to get people to refer to it as oral or genital 'coldsores'. Sounds better but then maybe I', also talking my own book as well!

Thanks once again

Zander

As I recall from an article in Scientific

American a couple of years ago, having herpes lesions increases one's chance of contracting HIV. This is probably becuase the skin is broken. This doesn't speak to your questions of whether it is likely that you have contracted HIV, but suggests that you should be more careful in the future.

My guess is that its easier to get herpes on intact skin than HIV, but that's only an opiinion.

Don't take my word for it . Get advice from the doc at the STD clinic.

RickF

Did you get in LOS? About a year ago I revisited my first 'home' bar in Nanaplaza and struck up a conversation with a girl there. It was my last night in country so I said what the hell and bar fined her for a ST. In the room when I asked for a BJ and she opened her mouth and showed me a herpes cold sore and said 'me sick, me smoke with condom, ok?'

Of course this was a turn off but I didn't want her to lose face and we ended up just talking. I said it was my last night before flying out and just wanted some company.

Not sure how common this is in LOS but I would assume it is with all the BBBJ's these girls do. Makes one wonder about eating p***y also.

On a side note, we spent the whole night talking and it was one of the most honest open conversations about the scene, falangs, etc. that I've ever had with someone. I haven't been by their in a year or so but a buddy of mine who comes in there, said she still asks for me.

I got off track from the original topic, I know, but as I stated, am interested if its LOS you got it. I have a couple friends with it and from what I understand the outbreaks taper off. But you can still give it even when there isn't one. Not sure about all that but like the others on this thread have said, consult a physician.

CS

I got it in Amsterdam not Thailand. Having being educated in what it is, it's not as bad as I first thought although I'd pay a lot of money to get rid of it.

Whoever gets it, has it for life although apparently the re-occurrences are less bad the second time etc. There's also a small chance that I will never get another outbreak but the virus will still be in my body. The Doctor put me on Aciclovir for 5 days and said that it will stop it spreading.

However I always believe that however bad things are something good lurks as well. And I've had a real education and wakeup call to just the risk that many of us on the board are taking.

THINK LONG TERM WITH YOUR HEAD - NOT SHORT TERM WITH YOUR LUST.

Sounds like you had a good time with that Thai girl, I've had a few nice nights like that, no sex just talking.

Zander

I don't know if it works on genitail herpes but on oral herpes a device called a virulite works a treat with infections going down in a matter of days without all the itching etc. Heres the url http://www.vcs.eu.com/ hope it helps someone as i was a sufferer of oral herpes for years and use to get them quite regular now only 1 a year wink.gif

Phototherapy for Herpes was in fashion for awhile, but I don't know of any studies that show it to be as effective as oral acyclovir. The one study cited compared it to topically applied acyclovir which is not as effective as systemic medication.

Maybe your lessening of outbreaks was due more to the natural response of your immune system in making a more effective antibody than virulite.

since i was a child i have suffered from coldsores badly. during the worst outbreaks it started from the inside of the lip going all the way deep into the nose.

so far the best and only medicine which worked for me is simple zinc tablets. if i start at the first feeling of itching i can stop it so that it won't even reach the wet stage, just a hardly noticable dry sore comes up.

also the outbreaks became a lot less severe and much rarer since i use zinc tablets.

the dosage is different from using it just as a supplement. the first three days approximately nine times the supplement dosage, lets say, if you use 1 tablet a day as a supplement, then use three times three the first days. after the first three days gradually lower the dosage. after a while one get the right feel of how to lower the dosage depending on the severity of the outbreak.

Hi tree,

Well, u have had a few supporting emails on this board.

Goes to show it aint just sanuk, but felow kinship for kindred spirits.

here is a good website for hepes.

http://search.megaweb.com/web/o.html$2035516940?herpes

The best advice is good diet, avoid stress, and use which applications you choose as a topical lotion.

I had an old girlfriend who had herpes. Play it cool and you will not offload it to your lover. We were together 2 years, had frequent sex, and i did not contract it.

So there is life.

Cheers,

best of luck

Sweetpea

Archived