It truly amazes me

I did indeed mention that I'm currently supporting a girl that used to work in an upscale bar. However, she was not a BG in the sense that you may think, merely working as a receptionist and then only for about 6 weeks.

To tell the difference between a hotel receptionist and a BG is quite easy really, unless the BG is quite new to scene (say less than 2 months, and has worked non-BG jobs). Its not the way they dress (although sometimes it is, but more the way they act and talk).

just ask her a couple of questions in Thai and you'll get your confirmation soon enough

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is indeed a difference between a BG (in the foreign scene) and the freelancing college/univ. girl (especially if she plays the Thai scene. The latter could have mia noi potential for the upper class Thais, but are never taken to functions/locations that are also visited with the mia luang.

Still such girl will not be looked down upon, and you may even rise in standing amongst your Thai peers.

Most of my Thai male friends have mia noi's, who will come along when the boys go out at night in places they don't go with the family. In fact they are all quite surprised that I never bring a mia noi along and offer frequently to find me the right one, and I can safely say that those offered are definitely of a different class than you find in the foreign oriented bars (Univ educated or still studying, light skin, tall, well spoken and never over 23 or so).

Firstly, I don't give a shit for Thai class society.

-----------------------------

you can say that again. i have alot more respect for a BG than corrupted politicians with million dollars stashed somewhere. As far as white collar well-heeled thais, i suppose they'd hardly respect me if my girl was no BG/freelancer but a brownie from Issan. i am well conscious of the luck i have of having been born in a free country and living in one, both way ahead of Thailand when it comes to their citizens right and the oppportunity to lead your life as you wish. If that gives me the freedom and open-mind to associate with "lower" girls, and not be ashamed of their company, the better for me. That kind of freedom, they may never really taste it, it's way beyond economics, wealth and status-consciousness.

Guest lazyphil

<<(Univ educated or still studying, light skin, tall, well spoken and never over 23 or so)>>

This is pathetic to read, you sound like a affected snob of the worst kind. How does our friend chocolate steve feel about this light skin crap you speak of?

Guest lazyphil

<<can safely say that those offered are definitely of a different class>>

Offered, whats this?, can I assume by this the girl has no choice in who shes offered to. Are you for real or just on a wind up mission!!

>>>but there are so many layers to Thai society that I'm not sure if a Farang is ever truly welcomed into a given echelon<<<

Oh you can be truly welcomed. I never feel like the odd man out when going out with my Thai friends. I'm often the only non-Thai, but seldom feel that way. I have no business relations with most of them and am not expected to pay more than they do. In fact most are financially much better off, so there's no reason.

They're just goods friends like I would have back in my own country, if only I had stayed there long enough.

Oran, i think you may have been too long in that kind of environment. I understand your point, but that's still their problem, not ours. i would not assume all Bgs/farangs have to be a sorry association, whichever way you look at it. i sense like others that there's something you reacted to, or maybe you know how to get us started, good shot then. We farangs like to freely associate as we wish, and if it mean failure, well, be it, i am sure it was worth the ride for most.

Light or dark skin makes no difference to me. Just stating the fact here of what Thai men consider acceptable as mai noi.

Please let not make this into a racial discussion, as that's not my intention at all. To me its the inner person, not the color of his skin, or religion that's important and I apoligize if I gave that impression

Archived