Peeves

is it really that dramatic? I went to that waterfall and just laughed and said no. Taxi drivers are renowned around the world for taking advantage when they can, not just LOS. Not much of a "thai peeve" I must say that i easily forget the little annoyances like that and remember the many cases of jai dee behaviour in LOS. Why in general do most LOS boards posters focus on bad-mouthing thais (i am very good at that, but read previous sentence) even if deserved and few tell of the times thais were selfless and helpful? How about a praise-the-thais week on Nanaplaza?

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

praise-the-thais:

i was once bitten by a dog in Udon. My friend took me to the hospital, it was 9pm, it took 10 minutes to clean the wound and the doctor did not ask me for money, but asked me to get a new bandage every 2 days as i toured around the region. 3 times i went into an hospital and i am embarrassed to say they took me out of the line every time and treated me before any other thais, hard to remember now, maybe i paid or not, but ot must have been pretty minimal.

You get a flat tire, it never cost more tha 30 or 40 bahts to fix it, they could ask for more, i had no choice if i wanted to go home.

Even I can't sort out the -ed and -ing on adjectives. Although I have tried.. smalled, smalling, angried, angrying, happied, happying, beautifuled, beautifuling?...It's a difficult one that. laugh.gif" border="0

Sorry Phil.. just taking the piss wink.gif" border="0

cheers.

quote:

Originally posted by Suzys Wong:

2) talking during the the movies !!

It drives me nuts when people have their cells phones turned on and receive a phone call then have a normal conversation during the movie....just like they are on the street or in their car.

have you ever lived in a different asian country, lets say india or china?

the small things which you are annoyed about sound a bit funny, like old man's ramblings.

i did not see any post about social injustice, governmental corruption and i believe at least most of us who live in thailand have some tales to tell about this.

if some ordinary thai person would post here some of his peeves could be some real interesting stuff, like the corrupt village cop shot my brother over nothing and we could not do anything, or the puyaiban cheated me out of my land and the court did nothing because it got paid off, or i have no land, the government promised me land, but why is it that only the rich families in my village get the land reserved for us poor, or my sister bled to death after an accident because the first hospital she was brought to did not treat her as she could not show money...

peeves...LOL!

quote:

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

have you ever lived in a different asian country, lets say india or china?

the small things which you are annoyed about sound a bit funny, like old man's ramblings.

i did not see any post about social injustice, governmental corruption and i believe at least most of us who live in thailand have some tales to tell about this.

if some ordinary thai person would post here some of his peeves could be some real interesting stuff, like the corrupt village cop shot my brother over nothing and we could not do anything, or the puyaiban cheated me out of my land and the court did nothing because it got paid off, or i have no land, the government promised me land, but why is it that only the rich families in my village get the land reserved for us poor, or my sister bled to death after an accident because the first hospital she was brought to did not treat her as she could not show money...

peeves...LOL!

or: i had this great expanse of land and the white man came , killed us by the 100 000, took our land and called it USA. And farangs complain about being over-charged 10 bahts: weeny weeny weeny.....

quote:

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

the small things which you are annoyed about sound a bit funny, like old man's ramblings. i did not see any post about social injustice, governmental corruption... <blah, blah>

peeves...LOL!

Well, that would be a different thread, wouldn't it? This one is about annoying little things in daily life in Thailand.

Yeah, I started this thread kind of tounge in cheek. Sometimes some situation just gets to me I just want to bitch about it to a sympathetic year. As an American, I just love to complain! I didn't really notice this tendency in myself until I spent most of my time around Thais, which are not big complainers. Must be their buddhist upbringing.

I find this tendency in myself somewhat amusing now, glad you find it funny too. tongue.gif" border="0

well......let's sum this up and say that we love the thais , they are a great people and would never do wrong, or try to disturb their guests.

They are honest, caring and a loving folk that deserve every single baht i own.

p.s. their smile is marvellous, sincere and fills me with joy.

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

Guess you like it over there! LOL

I am amazed at the info on thai prices as a bill policy. You should tell us where these restaurants are so we boycott them and and they can go back to thai income too....[/QB]

Yeah, next time I'm there I'll go find out the names. Maybe I'll even eat there and ask for the thai person price in thai and see what they say.

quote:

Originally posted by Dan:

well......let's sum this up and say that we love the thais , they are a great people and would never do wrong, or try to disturb their guests.

They are honest, caring and a loving folk that deserve every single baht i own.

p.s. their smile is marvellous, sincere and fills me with joy.

dan, is it time to go home or are you a masochist (sensing the irony in your post)?

Archived