Peeves

Falang

Never noticed that one ..... must be the negative aura I transmit!!!!! Or Maybe the clothes I wear are obviously of such high quality an Indian tailor could not possibly better them..... smile.gif" border="0

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Josh,

Too bad that Dreamworld has adopted the double pricing as well. I really liked the park, especially since it didn't have double pricing.

May I ask how much you paid for the tickets? I recall paying 270 Baht for the "mulitple rides" tickets, and believe the "entry only" tickets were 150 Baht.

Besides this, how did you like Dreamworld? Did you get your ass frozen off in Snowland? smile.gif" border="0

Sanuk!

How bout those guys who mob you in the bathrooms at clubs giving you massages and talking to you while you are just trying to take a piss?

Don't you just love it when that delicately fine-boned vision of beauty that you've spied across the bar and are just about to make a move on, nonchalantly slides her index finger up her nostril - right to the third knuckle like she's trying to scratch the back of her eyeball or something!

Arai wa

Damn ice! Who wants some coke with their ice?

I thought this deserved a mention although trivial it is, but I was reminded of this peeve today as I splurged and paid 40 baht for a supposedly deluxe ice coffee.

There must have been a 1:9 ratio of coffee to ice.

Will I buy another ice-coffee there? No. Thais don't learn, I'm convinced.

Originally posted by worldwalker:

OK, in general, I love being in Thailand, but a few things continue to annoy me here on an almost daily basis:

1) Lack of tissue paper in toilets, washrooms and restaurants. Like is some prescious commodity or something!

2) Thais maxing out the A/C. Yeah, Thailand is a hot country, but why do so many drivers and business crank their A/C down to refrigerator temperatures?

3) Waiters that ignore my orders in Thai or English, and turn to my girlfriend everytime I say something.

4) Touts. No need to elaborate.

5) Getting overchanged because I'm a farang. Some restaurants are even so blantant as to have signs up that say "Thai People Price" (in thai of course).

Am I alone here?

[/quote

answering in good fun:

1)TIT. this means you are in Thailand, not US anymore. Not a bad sign

2)yeah, and when you most need it, your g/f turns it off...

3)drop your G/F

4)carry a business suitcase. And no shorts!

5)in Phetchaboon?

Where are you, BTW?

I don't know WorldWalker or his GF, but I doubt that "drop your G/F" is the answer to his third peeve about "Waiters that ignore my orders in Thai or English, and turn to my girlfriend everytime I say something."

While studying in the US, my Thai wife worked as a waitress in a Thai restaurant (common story.) She complains more than I do about the quality of service in restaurants here. Our orders get screwed up about 75% of the time. She is Thai, and this is one of her major peeves about Thailand.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: RogerRabbit ]

One of my major peeves (and it happened to me yesterday)

Waiters/waitresses who give you the menu and then stand there with pen and notebook before you've even had chance to open the f***ing thing.

My biggest peeve has to be the inability to walk along a footpath unimpeded by motorbikes, shop owners' displays and food stalls, forcing you to take your chances on the road.

I also don't like the blatant overcharging of farangs.

Nobody else has mentioned soi dogs barking, maybe you're luckier than I. Actually, I suppose my complaint is really about noise pollution. I also hate those pickup trucks that go round blaring music to try and advertise something. And sometimes the local wat cranks up the volume with their wailing at the most inconvenient times i.e. 5am when I'm trying to sleep.

Archived