Bkk Nightlife all Over by April???

Hey guys, I finally got a biz class ticket to Bkk for April 3rd. I am getting worried about all of the crazy things going on at Nana and elsewhere.

Do you guys think that Nana, SC, Patpong, etc will be closed down? I enjoy the go-go format, but it seems that the boys in brown are cracking down....

Is it all over????

Litup

(worried)

I am planning to come over to BKK in May myself for an extended stay. I know it will be F***INK HOT (a lot hotter than Canada), but I don't worry about not being able to find nightly entertainment because:

- Thais are party animals by nature; they will stop sanuking when bears stop defecating in the woods.

- There are too many local people with a vested interest in the farang nightlife scene (bargirls, mamasans, bar-owners, guest-friendly hotels, cops taking payoffs, ...). Many of them are resourceful. One way or another, they will find some means to seperate lustful farang from their hard-earned funds.

Just keep monitoring the Internet. Whereever the sanuk moves to, it will be reported on this board, Nanapong, Stickman's website, or one of several dozen other places on the Net.

JG

Gone, no, but altered in some way yes. As a social institution, the sanuk as we once knew it has changed, albeit marginally. Like any other model of social behaviour, it is open to forces of politics, behaviour, economics and popularity to name a few. I see the current manifestations as an evolution in an ongoing saga. This was confirmed by my previous trip in May this year. I felt the scene was more restrictive than before, but how long it will last who knows. Someone made a good point about too many people having an interest in prostitution, thus I feel it will survive. Ultimatley it is up to the working gals and the johns to adapt to the new conditions or go elsewhere, there is always Indonesia, Dominican Republic or Ghana after all.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived