Farang on Thai Police Force?

shotover

not to my knowledge.

but there are farang informers, and there are farang who are blackmailed into working for the cops. very famous for that is the khaosarn road police station where farang druggies are used to set backpackers up for the cops.

of course embassies have liason officers, but they do not work for the thai police.

[color:red]and there are farang who are blackmailed into working for the copscolor=red>

There are a few of those in an infamous city on the eastern sea border as well.

One I've got to know personally. He's a junkie with a visa overstayed for years. The cops leave him alone, but in return he have to set up tourists for drug possesion.

Quite scary how this works...

Straycat

that should not be of much interest unless you are involved in drugs.

it should be sufficient to know that those sad cases exist. most of them do not meet a nice end here in thailand. they are blackmailed by the police and used up very fast.

that part of thailand's underworld you should better leave alone unless you are interested to get into very serious problems here.

Not interested in drugs, just think that a scum bag should be outed. He might be setting up fairly innocent people, I'm sure you can imagine various scenarios were he may be pressured to assist the police to set someone up for a quick pay off to stay out of jail. The corrupt assisting the corrupt you got to love it.

yeah, but by "outing" a guy like that you out at the same time a system. that system is populated by people you do not want to have trouble with.

usually reality takes care of those sad cases, the world they are moving around have their own laws, and snitches are generally at the lowest end of the pecking order. i knew one who got punished for what he was forced to do by the police, and that was gruesome.

you don't want to mess around in that world here, not advisable. just take it as it is, be warned, and stay clean.

Fly is right. Best to leave it and him alone.

Another reason outing the informer on this board would be a bad idea. We'd be making trouble for the authorities involved and they in turn might make trouble for our host.

In the end, the "No Names" rule applies here as much as it applies in other situations.

Archived