Hey you with the "GTG" GF/wife are you a "loser"?

JJsushi

Here is my view. I bet in many cases the guy who landed a Gtg was just a punter who was attracted to the barscene and thought he would hedge his bets by meeting some Gtgs through social/business contacts . The same guy who got smitten by the Gtg could have married himself a BG if the GTG hadn't got there first.

It would be interesting to see how many of the "major leaguers" would claim to have never sent time with Bgs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how pompous I was when I quit smoking. Everybody who was still smoking was pathetic in my eyes. a spineless creature with no willpower or discipline. Now I am smoking again. It taught me a valuable lesson. Never forget where you're coming from!

cheers,

soongmak

SONGMAK,

I quit 21 months ago and never felt better !! No more stinking clothes, stinking house, stinking car.....

But to each his own, last night went out with friends who do smoke and came back totally smelling like an ashtray......

So what ? a shower ( yep a shower to decrease that 4.7 average smile.gif ) takes care of that........

I just wish I'll have the willpower to stay off the damn BG's ..... euhhhhh ..... sigarettes !

Cheers !

lazyphil,

I like prostitute and non-prostitute because it behavioral based and can be measured. She either sells her body or she doesn't. Did money exchange hands for sex.

"Non-bar girl" doesn't work for me because there are a number of girls working in the bar setting but their value/moral system is that of a non-prostitute meaning they don't go men for money. They are just a victim of the circumstances that they ended up where they are working. I have found that these types lasts significantly less time in the bar venue than the prostitiute. Theymentally struggle with where they are working. Similarly, they are some college students who sell themselves thus I would classify them as a protsitute. Under the old and erroneous classification system, they get placed in the GTG category which serves as ammuniation (for jjsushi) against that loosely-defined category. Words like "good" and "bar" are poor labels because they are not specific, can't be measured and non-behaviorally based.

Cardinalblue

"I think you can make an analogy with former smokers. They are usually the ones who are the most fanatic when it comes to nonsmoking or putting smokers down "

such is the nature of the convert (religious, sexual, tobacco or otherwise)- for having renounced one way of life and embracing another they have to valdiate their new life by renouncing the former, if they didn't then they would need to question why they made the change in the first place

such is the nature of the convert (religious, sexual, tobacco or otherwise)- for having renounced one way of life and embracing another they have to valdiate their new life by renouncing the former, if they didn't then they would need to question why they made the change in the first place

Hansum man,

I beg to differ. Just because somebody made some changes in their life, because it was good for them, doesn't necessarily make it good for other folks too. Everybody is his own person, with personal needs, goals, etc. Even (or should I say especially?) a convert should realise that and have more empathy with people who choose a different lifestyle!

Cheers,

soongmak

I beg to differ. Just because somebody made some changes in their life, because it was good for them, doesn't necessarily make it good for other folks too. Everybody is his own person, with personal needs, goals, etc. Even (or should I say especially?) a convert should realise that and have more empathy with people who choose a different lifestyle!

[color:purple]

I agree. Ex-punters with NBG's remind me of Born Again Christians. They feel the need to tell you about God every minute and what is good, bad, the Lord's will...blah...blah...blah.

The worst are professional athletes here in the States that use the media as their pulpit. I cringe every time I hear Kurt Warner(quarterback for the Rams) proclaim "Thank you Jesus!" aftera football game, as if Jesus was the reason his team won. Funny thing though I never hear him thank Jesus when the Rams lose!

I have one question.

What will you call the lovely, well educated, middleclass, Sunday school teacher that you married, when you find out that she has been getting tooled by your next door neighbor? Well it be the same name you called the BG that snub you when you had THB to pay her, but instead she left with someone else that you knew had no THB to pay ?

I think the only difference is our perception, and that is shaped by our insecurities, and past experiences.

Well, if I am happy I hardly can be described as looser.

On the other hand I don't give a shit about what other people might think .The wife/girlfriend is for me and people can think what they will.

Archived