Digital Camcorder suggestions

khunsanuk

Sony digital camcornders are great. Both Loo Doot and I have a Sony TVR20 which cost around 58,000 baht at the start of the year. This has a Carl Zeiss 10 X OPTICAL lens and you can transfer video directly to your PC via IEEE 1394 for editing etc. The latest model of this camera is out now for about the same price - but is higher spec.

You can get digital camcorders much cheaper now too. If you want to have a look at it and a play with it, give me bell.

Stick

Hi,

"You can get digital camcorders much cheaper now too. If you want to have a look at it and a play with it, give me bell."

Thanks. Might just do that.

I am aware of one you guys have, but I am not willing to spend 58K on something that will be mostly a toy.

Was thinking more in the 30-40K range.

Sanuk!

I like the Canon product line a little better but it's seldom seen in Thailand. I was just in Singapore where everything could be had for a lot less than that which is available in Thailand. Ericson T68i was 100USD less than the MBK price. I like the Canon MV5i camera. I'm thinking of selling my Canon D30 and gear and getting a camcorder instead.

Let me know if anybody would be interested in the following.

Canon Eos D30, Canon 550 EX, ST-e2 wireless transmitter, velbon charmange 640 tripod with linhof Profi II head.

KS,

I agree with whosyourdaddy about sticking with Sony. I have a TRV-120 Digital-8, the next step down from strictly digital. It takes a digital image and records it on Hi-8 tapes.

This model is obsolete now but you should be able to find a current version in your price range.

Do you already have a fire wire card in you PC?

The model I have takes amazing videos, can do stills, has a ton of editing options, it's packed with features.

This model looks like it might meet your needs and budget:

Overview

The DCR-TRV140 packs top-notch performance into a surprisingly affordable package. This Digital8® Handycam® Camcorder achieves stunning detail, remarkable clarity, and exceptional video performance, even when you?re shooting at night, thanks to the Super NightShot® 0 Lux with Color Mode system! Day or night, take video you?ll love to watch again and again with the Sony DCR-TRV140. Kit includes the DCR-TRV140 Camcorder and the LCSKITF330.

Features top of page

Digital8® System

Stamina® Power

InfoLithium® Battery

NightShot®

SteadyShot®

i.LINK® Interface

Features for the DCRTRV140:

Digital8® Video Recording

1/4" CCD Imager, 460K Pixels

Up to 500 Lines of Horizontal Resolution

20X Optical/560X Digital Zoom

SteadyShot® Picture Stabilization System

Connect USB terminal to a PC and broadcast live video with audio, capture still images or even playback recorded videos scenes

Super NightShot with Color Slow Shutter

i.LINK®* DV Interface (IEEE1394)

2.5? SwivelScreen? LCD Display (61K Pixels)

Interval/Frame Recording

Playback Zoom

Digital Program Editing

Photo Mode

12-Bit/16-Bit PCM Digital Stereo

Intelligent Accessory Shoe

InfoLithium® Battery with AccuPower? Meter System

Stamina® Power Management System

Program AE (Auto Exposure) Modes

Fader Modes

Digital Picture Effects

Picture Effect Modes

Features for the LCSKITF330:

Attractive black simulated leather and padding protect your valuable video equipment.

Compact, soft carrying case for all TR/TRV series Handycam camcorders.

Extra storage area for accessories.

I'll see if I can find a Thai price.

Archived