Getting a new passport in Thailand

khunsanuk

No problem KS done this twice now, when your visa needs doing you use the old one to stamp out and the new one gets stamped in, They write on every page cancelled and also cut the pages so the old one is of no use anymore except to use to exit, The one thing though is you get strange looks sometimes if you have to travel and your passport is issued in Bangkok.

what i have always done is a trip to the immigration and get the visa transferred from the old passport into the new one. doesn't take long. standard procedure.

For those others, you should replace your passport when it gets down to six months remaining. Normal procedure is that your embassy gives you old and new passports with a letter to immigration that you take, with many copies (would suggest copy shop across street from immigration as they know what is required). At the office indicated you fill out a form and they enter visa and TM card information into your new passport. Should take less than 30 minutes if you have all the copies in order.

Re British Embassy Not to sure on this but I did hear that they were not going to issue Passports overseas.

You can still get one but it needs to have the documentation sent to the Uk and then your New passport is then sent back.

As I said not to sure I may have it wrong or I may be right but they havent instituted it yet, so best to check.

Archived