Your GF in bad company to?? *DELETED*

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few questions please,

How old is your girlfrieend?

How much time do you guys spend with each other?

Does she have any responsibilities other than loving you?

What was her upbringing like?

How did she spend her time prior to hanging with BG's?

What are your future intentions with and for her?

Your complaint seems to be that she is hanging out in one of your hangouts, making friends, and going to discos because she is bored.

Where's the problem?

What if a girlfriend told you that you couldn't go to your favourite bar anymore, you weren't allowed to meet up with any of the sort of guys who might hang out with BGs, and you can't go to discos when she is not there?

Oh, hold on a second - she's drinking beer!!!! Outrageous!

It's not even like she's going behind your back, since she tells you what she is doing.

You ask for our ideas:

I don't think you can keep her faithful by locking her indoors and vetting her contacts.

She will surely only be faithful to you if she wants to be.

By restricting her freedom, I suspect that you will make her more frustrated, and more likely to misbehave.

If she starts taking yaa ba, gambling, drinking whiskey, and picking up men, then you have a right to panic!

What if a girlfriend told you that you couldn't go to your favourite bar anymore, you weren't allowed to meet up with any of the sort of guys who might hang out with BGs, and you can't go to discos when she is not there?

She is doing exactly that. If i go somewhere she always comes along, she does not accept that i go out alone, which is fine with me. And since i am serious about her i have basically stayed away from girlie bars exept for this place which a friend of mine owns. When we go for discos we go together. I know it sounds sick but it is true.

Oh, hold on a second - she's drinking beer!!!! Outrageous!

Maybe not a big thing, but for beeing her it is big. Never had a beer in her life before. (I think)

I don't think you can keep her faithful by locking her indoors and vetting her contacts.

Very true and thats exactly my point. But i want to do something but i dont know what.

By restricting her freedom, I suspect that you will make her more frustrated, and more likely to misbehave.

I agree, and i am not trying to restrict her freedom but there are other things one can do but going on discos EVERY day.

If she starts taking yaa ba, gambling, drinking whiskey, and picking up men, then you have a right to panic!

By then it is a little to late, i dont want to get there. Better to try and act in time.

>>>Does she have any responsibilities other than loving you? She worked as a sales girl when i left but have now quit her job since 3 weeks. <<<

Why did she quit her job. If this is because she's going out late and can't get up in time, its time for some serious discussion.

That said, you can't expect a girl of 23 years old to stay home and wait for you for 2 months at a stretch. It wouldn't be healthy for her to do so. It'll be a good test of your relationship and her intentions towards you. BG's are not necessarily the worng crowd to go out with to disco's etc. If she's serious towards you and a responsible person she will know when to follow her new found friends and when not. If she doesn't you'll find out soon enough in a small town like HuaHin and be able to take your own conclusions on the relationship.

I'd be concerned.

She may not be doing anything wrong yet. But it's not a good trend. It's a tempting world she's getting to know. Plus if she doesn't work she's bored.

Not sure what to do. Getting her back to a full time job would be the first thing I'd do. If she respects your word, I'd tell her your expectations and consequences, and be fully prepared to follow up. (If she doesn't respect your word, well, prolly not much you can do.)

Huh? She'd be out of my place long before it came to that. The other alternative would be to have a stormy and painful relationship with unhappy end, so why punish yourself.

maybe you should encourage her to get a job again, if she's working a steady 9-5 then she'll be less likely to be out partying all night. if she's sitting around the house all day you can't really blame her for wanting to get out and mix with the people that you introduced her to. as some of the other posts said; she'll be faithful to you if she loves you and wants to, if not then you're probably better off without her.

Gura,

I am *not* an expert on Thailand - even many of the expats are continually surprised by the country and its people - but here is my 2 cents worth.

What you have described is almost word-for-word the tale of woe that one hears from fathers all over the world when 'Daddy's Little Girl' suddenly discovers nightclubs. I am not implying that you are a 'sugar-daddy' or whatever, but you obviously feel very protective towards your partner and dont want to see her follow other young Thai women into the bars. Fair enough.

Exactly how you can do that is the tough part. Unless you can provide a wholesome alternative to the party circuit, I suspect that it will be tough. I think most of us would rather be out, drinking and laughing with like-minded individuals, than sitting home waiting for the phone to ring on a Saturday night.

As I said, just my two cents worth.

Where's the problem?

---------------------------------

I agree with Madmax, it does not sound too good. Nothing is lost so far, but the pattern sounds familiar. Probably their relation is going to get tested, and i would advise Gura not to find her excuses when/if this happens. I am afraid she is not ready for commitment with him. We've all been thru that. Love stories who last a season, a year, then people go their different ways, except that thai girls never really say "it's over with you" (another topic in the making), so you think OK for this time... she will change.... there's still hope....I know her, etc... Chances are she IS really changing, and Gura should keep his head clear for the additional signs of "delinquency". And of course, i may be wrong after all!

Archived