Paradise Exposed

Ckrisg

In reply to:

"Maybe closed to mainstream farangs, but money talks! How do you think these reporters found them?"

Good point. But even if a Farang throwing money around could find one of these places, I think the more relevant question is how many farangs actually patronize these sorts of places? My guess: damn few.

Here is a quick measure of how irrelevant this BBC report - as described above - is to farangs who visit Thailand for sanuk. My guess is that the vast majority of sanuking farangs end up in NEP, Patpong, Pattaya bar beers, Phuket, etc. We know the venues.

In NEP, for example, I have met plenty of girls from various provinces of Issan and even a few from the North of Thailand, but I have never encountered a single person - man or woman - from Burma. If you speak even a modicum of Thai, you can quickly confirm they are from Issan because if you ask, they will identify the moo baan (village) they are from. Even if NEP girls sometimes dissemble about the identity of their moo baan, there is no way a girl from Burma could identify individual provinces, let alone small villages, in Northeastern Thailand.

In other words, this BBC report about brothels with Burmese girls has nothing to do with NEP or the vast majority of farangs that visit Thailand even for the purpose of sanuking. Its chalk and cheese; apples and oranges.

Quite a few Burmese working in brothels in Chiangmai, but they most certainly are NOT children, have not been acquired as forced labour, but see their job as the quickest way to make money to take back for families etc in Myanmar. In a perfect world, this would not happen, but thats another story best left for starry eyed western journalists who spend 2 weeks out here and then proclaim themselves as experts.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be actually. For example, she did mention that the brothel catered for local Thais, but two Americans happened to walk in there for the camera while she was there. The brothel was the Svay Pak kind that dealt with questionably young girls. It didn't say anything about the usual farang scene at all.

bibblies said..They've absolutely no interest in the truth or in telling a balanced story.

OK boys, we?ve rubbished the diseased BEEB twerps. why bother with truth when you can fool people with garbage and play phony TV personality.. as David, Jeremy and whale-in-training-Decca do their imitation media wank act. but really, gentlemen, who gives a flying fuck what these misfits say, they?re not sanukers .. they don?t matter. how did they get visas?

Archived