Paradise Exposed

Ckrisg

I'm taking no bets on that this program will be the usual pile of prejudiced stereotypical wank...

People that go into media - total wankers. E.g. A few weeks ago, Channel 5 broadcast a one-hour long program called "Did we really land on the Moon?". They offered seemingly weighty observations from "scientific" types - photographic "experts", etc - but every single supposition was simply wrong and, furthermore, most could be shown to be wrong by a child with a few plasticine models and a torch (no kidding!)

They've absolutely no interest in the truth or in telling a balanced story.

Its pretty much a guarantee it will be negative. Not because they are accurate but because it gets ratings. The media in England and America especially and I would guess elsewhere have seemingly lost all journalistic principles and the corporate conglomerates that own these rags and television stations are totally about the financial bottom line and the best way to get it is to sensationalize the subject matter.

Saying the truth, if its not shocking or salacious, simply does not sell papers or garner a huge viewership.

They'll find the exception about LOS and make it seem like the norm. Hate to say it but its probably going have either AIDS, pedophilia or forced women as sex workers as its subject matter....or all three.

Just watched this programme, a female reporter goes to Chaing Mai and visits a Long Neck Village and moans about how the tourists exploit these people, and if the tourist went home these people could have a life. She then fuc..... it up by stating that these people are refugees and would be killed back in Burma, but the cruel Thais will not let them work etc etc.

She then visits more refugee camps and then crosses over to Burma, where surprise surprise she meets people who direct her to child Brothels in Thailand where Burmese Children are working in slavery.

How many of these damned things are they going to make for god's sake? Personally, I think most of these people are twisted, and have their own issue with this topic...morbid fasination? Or their own perversion? And what about the sickos who get off on seeing this stuff? Why cater to them? These shows are boring and uninformative!

I've not seen it but really need to. I'm currently writing a book blha blha bla bla and take it a writers group in Manchester. They condemn it then when they're in the pub say things like "So how much does it cost?"

I've read a book by Decca and you're right I'm sure she does have a fascianation with it and love to moralise, while she enthuses about drug culture, whcih if I'm right also exploits people and funds "the mob"

Cheers

up the Latics

There's more than a slight relationship between the illegal drug trade and the trafficking of women and children for the purposes of forced prostitution, something that illegal drug users often like to avoid addressing, prefering not to see beyond their own pleasure. If I were a more self-opinionated and less mature poster it's a theme I'd like to rant on about, hijacking threads whenever the opportunity arose.

However, at least allow me to propose a new thread title,

TIME TO BAN THAILAND ?

smile.gif

In fairness I'd like to point out that the brothel featured in the program was in Myanmar.

Still, as one of the white faced paedophile brothel patrons was described by Ms Aitkenhead as being "6 feet 8 inches " tall he must be easy to spot at NEP.

I'm asking the board member who fits this description to identify himself.

BTW we know you're American smile.gif

The reporter was quite clear she said girls are smuggled across the border into Thailand to work in the brothels, the girl she spoke to said Mamasan paid 40 000 baht for her. It was clear the program tried to blame Thailand for Burmese problems and farangs for providing the customers in the brothels.

Archived