Pattaya-Kanchanburi by bus?

bgtp

Anyone know if there is a direct bus between Pattaya and Kanchanaburi or do I have to take a bus from Pattaya to BKK, either the Eastern or North/Northeastern bus terminal, then transfer to the Southern bus terminal to get from BKK to Kanchanaburi.

Believe you will have to go to South bus terminal (Sai Tai Mai) on other side of the river where busses leave to Kanchanaburi. No direct bus from Pattaya, Bangkok being the centr of the universe.

I don't know what's the easiest to get there from ekamai or mochit. Maybe take the skytrain from ekamai bus station and a taxi form siam square station? Aircon 11 goes from ekamai to sai tai mai, but that is a 1 1/2 h trip at least.

You can try this scam, find a tour gruop going to River Kwai, and try to bribe your way on. It may be more expensive than the public bus, but it is more likely to save time, if budget isn't a concern. Maybe start by asking a tour operator at a hotel, or tour office, many offer budget tours. Since you are going one way,then it should be cheaper to get dropped in the center of town. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Just in relation to what P127 said about the train... bare in mind that MOST trains to Kanch leave from Bangkok Noi, or Thonburi Station on the other side of the river. You could also get the train from Pattaya to Huamlamphong (Bangkok) station in the afternoon, taxi to Sai Tai Mai Bus Station, and then bus to Kanch. There are less frequent buses from the Northern bus terminal (Mochit), which is on the skytrain. You could bus from Pattaya to Ekamai, skytrain to Mochit, and then bus to Kanch. Good luck!

"the Northern bus terminal (Mochit), which is on the skytrain"

Not. smile.gif

Morchit is on the skytrain but has not been the Northern Bus Terminal for many years. If you take the skytrain you will still have to taxi or bus to the Chatuchak Bus Station (Morchit II). I know some of you young guys can walk it but I would not try.

Archived