ip address alert

legover

Every one that uses your ISP has the same ISP address.

example: Loxnet in BKK has x# of isp addresses, each time you log on you connect to one of these ISP addresses.

This ISP address probably changes each time you connect.

Many many people log on with this ISP address.

Each email mail you send, even with Yahoo or Hotmail has an asscociated ISP on the 'detailed message header' option you probably have disabled but could easily turn on if you so choose.

Each ISP sends info as you surf. Does not ID you or your computer, only your ISP address. If you have a t-10 server & your own ISP is could reveal who you are.

My web host stats show each and every ISP that comes to my site.

Some of last 14 days ISP hits from my site, in addition to the ISP address I also see how many pages surfers from that ISP went to & Kbytes they downloaded.

netproxy1.inet.co.th

ppp-203.144.144.233.revip.asianet.co.th

proxy.samart.co.th

wc-bkksp121.loxinfo.net.th

ks

thanks for the tip.

think this is available at Panthip?

db

XP. downloaded email from Hotmail through Outlook Express and the box came up as i read an x.com surveillance camera ad.. pretty sure the box opened right there.

if your address doesn't change I'd be willing to bet you are with a relatively small ISP .. ?.. another bet I'll probably lose so lets bet a BT! :-)

I see in my site stats that I come in to my site under various IP addresses from the same ISP. Seems my ISP has several IP addresses, it is a large company in a huge metro area.

I am actually 90 miles north of the city IDed in the IP address my ISP labels me with, they must have direct lines to the city.

I do not see how that can be a security issue although it could reveal what ISP you use or where you are physically located.

I do not think you can stop the ISP from sending it's IP address.

I think JAVA scripting & things such as Microsoft "Passport" are the problems.

• [color:blue]"just had a warning box come up saying my computer was continuously broadcasting my ip address and my computer could get hacked."color=blue>

No problem. Every computer is continuously broadcasting its ip address when online.

Do not misunderstand this, but this brings up the memory of some very long threads in security-related groups with the topic: "Help me, someone sent me a ping." (well noticed when some client-/ personal firewall is running).

Hello,

Saying your computer is in trouble because your IP address is broadcasted is like saying in real-world terms that your house can be bombed or burned down because it has a street-address. Without an IP adress, your computer can not connect to internet, so off course it is sending it all the time, with everything you do, otherwise webpages etc can not find their way back to you.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

Archived