clinton plaza not closed

thai3

I am really sorry to hear of your problems Rictic but I tend to agree with DB about the place. I have been to BKK three times this year and coming again in 4 weeks. I have not been to CP at all this year, and have no plans to visit in October. There is nothing there to bring me in except maybe the Dollhouse, as I don't play pool and don't want to sit and drink all day.

I do hope you win your battle and get your money or bar back but the place does need some imaginative ideas to pull punters in off the street. Especially with the new beer bar complex slowly opening up across the road. Just my 2 Euros worth...

Uniformguy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys

The owners have erected a BIG board blocking most of the entry to the plaza but you can still get in All bars are remaining open. Our solicitor has been informed and will be taking Richee group (the new owners) to court.

Dollhouse actually has a pigroast on at the moment so go and get some free grub.

I actually preferred Clinton before it became clinton. It used to be a market area with a couple of bars. Wooden poles and palm thatch roof. I opened the second or maybe third bar in the complex hoping to get some overspill from and have an alternative area to Thermae. It worked well initially but then loads of others decided to open bars as well.

Once again apologies to Thai3

Glad you are around to provide your info. I was at Clinton a few weeks back and had signed it off. It was dark, I went past the barricade anyway, and was in shock that everything was closed and abondoned -- except Dollhouse which was going strong. Figured I would not return if that was all that was left, but it appears it must have been just a bad night for CEP. The other interesting thing that I don't remember being there before is the outdoor katoey bar next to it. It seems every true sanuk district has at least one smile.gif

Hi Rictic

I remember Clinton Plaza from the time when there were no go go bars. And even afterwards when all the big bars move in it stayed kind of nice. It made a differenceto all the other places in BKK. I kind help you in your battle but I wish you all the best as I believe the bars at Clinton Plaza offer good value for money.

good luck

Seems I was both right and wrong, right about the boards but wrong about the bars being closed, sorry if I mislead anyone. I am really pissed off about it as well believe me. Seems like they are trying to tighten the noose in the hope that the owners will give in. The road side still has the gate across it and the big board blocks the walkway still on the other side but it is possible to walk through round it to the bars, yesterday it looked like this was not possible. The back still has lots of rubble dumped there and the signs say danger demolition. Looks like the bar owners need a good lawyer or a bunch of heavies-peter

It seems to vary from night to night, you can't really rely on the place being hot or anything. Rictic, am intrigued about the go-go dancing licences as I thoght that the powers that be had stopped issuing them????????????

It's rubble right enough, checkpoint is closed and girls gone to charlies angels, they say that bar will only last maybe two more weeks before the demolition men get to it, bars on the other side have not been affected yet, but you cannot walk all the way round-peter

Archived