clinton plaza not closed

thai3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CLINTON PLAZA IS NOT CLOSED.

Where do you guys get your misinformfation from????

The new owners atre trying to force everyone out. They have cut the electric to the bar beers but NOONE is leaving. By spreading the crap as in the header of this you are helping those prats to screw the tenants. The Tenants have another 3 years of lease to run. These people are trying to steal the lagal rights of the tenants. If you want to know what is happening there ask someone who knows. i.e me.

No, the front part and thermae is not part of the devlopment, as far as I know. Girl in charlies angels, also closed/closing said a part office block/ shop was being built, but she might have meant hotel. Bad news the the beer bar owners, saw some glum looking faces this morning-peter

You are wrong surely, a pile of boulders was at the back yesterday completely blocking access and today one side on the left has been boarded off at the sukhumvit end saying private no access. Unless you use a parachute there seems to be no way in, unless the boarding is ripped down later. If it aint closed are customers pole vaulting? maybe you should go and have a look. On the other side it is also boarded off and if you try walking through the building to get to the back you are told to go away!-peter

Hi,

Whoa, Rictic, take it easy. Thai3 reported on what he saw, and access blocked to the back does look like things are closed.

I suppose a question mark added to the header would have made things a bit clearer, but I think your reaction was a bit too extreme.

One could almost conclude you have a vested interest in Clinton.

Sanuk!

Hi Sorry if I came over as having a go. Yes I do have a vested interst I own a bar there. As you'll notice from my posts though I never push the plaza. I received a call 2 minutes ago saying that the gits have closed out the front of the bars so I am now going to check.

I was in the plaza last night and it wasn't closed off.

Sorry if I misread the initial thread. I read it that that was the situation last night.

Once again my apologies for reacting in the manner I did.

I just looked just the header Clinton Plaza Closed. Unfortunatley headers like this over the last year or so have decimated business in the plaza. Two-three weks ago we had a customer who is a regular who visits Thailand frequently in the bar saying he hadn't been to the plaza this time round as he had read on the net the Plaza was closed. He was walking to Robinsons and was surprised to see we were still there.

I will keep you guys updated on the situation.

The piss off for me is. I invested in the plaza before it became the plaza. it was my insurance policy if anything happened to me or my job. Six months ago because of Mr Bin laden my company laid me off. Now these people are trying to steal my investment and the investment of everyone else in the plaza. I along with everyone else have leases that were for three years with a guaranteed 3 year extension. White House took the management company that issued the leases to court saying they were not entitled to give leases of this length. The beginning of August the Thai court system deemed the leases valid. Therefore I along with everyone else legally have another 3 years to run busineses in the Plaza.

As some of you know from my previous posts, I love CEP, a quiet relaxing place. I did find it getting less bussiness in the recent passed, and a higher number of Katoeys as well. I remember maybe 11/2 years back when it was running in full swing, and seemed like a winner. If it is gone, I will miss it.

Archived