Would You Prefer a "Westernised" Thai Girl?

MooNoi

"She likes farang food as well as Thai, and has some very western thoughts on things, such as politics, religion etc."

I have been married to an Issan girl for 4.5 years. We live in the USA. I would be thrilled to have what you have according to the above quote. You are very lucky! Jay

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" i also agree that they lose something when becoming westernized"

Is it a bit of a oxymoron? Nothing personal, P127. Just a thought.

Of course they lose something but they gain something too. We just have to weign which Western charactors we would like to see in them and vice versa.

FLY-

Thanks for the heartening description of your lady. Well I have the Thai down fluently and I tend to hang in an educated upper class Thia crowd which I like because it removes the element of suspicion regarding their need to get a hold of your wallet. I thought I was home free with the last marekting beauty but her family was soooo conservative they wanted her to be with a Thai-She bent to their will ... So not meant to be. Sure fun looking now...Hysterical post about your trip to malaysia Iloved it especially the one about the Brit Bitch in samui

>I've never found any other Thai girl who was into initiating and experimenting<

Experimenting, hmmm, depends what you mean. Initiating, certainly. My ex GF would initiate all the time, driving me to the point of exhaustion. But I think that was the idea, making sure I'd have no energy left to look elsewhere. But she was an (ex) BG, maybe not the same as your situation.

yes demurness is fine and one girl i knew was just so in public and my friends were telling me what a lovely girl she was .

However in our private life she was liable to explode into a temper if i said or did something she did not like.

I understand the thai reluctance to display feelings and the hesitation to get into serious disscussions but i found her behaviour to be something of a double standard.

i once pointed out to a girl i know in bangkok that she should not lie to her boss as it was somewhat two faced,but she said so what my boss knows i am lying anyway! TIT

Dear MadMax,

Wanted to get the ?demure? definition correctly. The Webster said ?1. Modest and reserved. 2. Feigning modesty or shyness?.

With the above definition in mind, well, being demure? I am reserved and modest in a few viewpoints but I never feign to be modest or shy. Guess, never was demure since day one. Brought up to be quite outspoken and honest to the point of a fault, got punished in school a few times when little for asking too many questions and talking back to teachers.

I find the ?demureness? in many Thai females to be pretentious and not so sincere, because lots of people, especially Thai males expect them to be. If the ?demureness? is a charm then some of the females like me are not so charming, however, each to his own. wink.gif or wink.gif

From this board and from some of my male friends who have experience with Asian and Thai women, being demure (or appearing to be, is a charm), however, gentlemen, why is it that I hear often that Asian women?s temper can be quite terrible/horrible? Not so reserved characteristic. I do have a quick temper (and can get over the anger real quickly) and will speak up, however, being older, I have learned o watch the timing. I saw many Thai women fights and mostly in public, the first time I saw it I was shocked, the women took their shoes off to slap each other! The last physical fight I had was when I was about 10 years old and remember it well (got punished pretty badly for that fight), but these are grown women! Furthermore, it will take a lot, very a lot for me to dance half naked in public as some dear women can do, please donot go there on "having to make money", no money can make some some females do it! frown.gif

I think ones will change, from being in the Western countries or whatever country,and it is a part of growing. I don?t think my career would have been what it is today if I were shy or not assertive (not aggresive, mind you). The basic values of decent human beings can still be maintained. I agree with Pattaya here, I do not feel I lost anything but have gained some good values.

Cheers!

Jasmine:

That's why I included the hyperlink where the definition reads: 1. Modest and reserved in manner or behavior. 2. Affectedly shy, modest, or reserved.

I agree with everything you said. Yes, in private life they can have quite a temper and yes, without being assertive you can't make it very far in Western society. And based on what you have written so far, I think the blend of the two cultures in your personality is admirable.

What I mean is, when you look at an average 18yo chick in Amerika, she's going to be opinionated and loud to the point of being crass. Not all, but as a rule. To me it's a complete turn-off.

There are few things in life I enjoy more than watching a lady who just came from Buriram a few days ago, and her eyes get big when she watches the lights, and her lips move sideways as she's trying to make the next move in Connect-4, and she taps her teeth with her fingernail as she's trying to figure out the meaning of life.

Archived