SF to BKK, Dec sold out soon

pattaya127

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is one from Travelocity. Don't know when you want to return but earliest in January was this one...

1 adult @ EUR 751.73 (751.73 includes taxes/fees/airport charges) Total: EUR 751.73

Flight: United Airlines flight 837 on a Boeing 747 Jet

Depart: San Francisco, CA (SFO) - Tue, 10 Dec 11:35

Arrive: Tokyo, Japan Narita (NRT) - Wed, 11 Dec 15:45

Flight: United Airlines flight 8265 operated by All Nippon Airways on a Boeing 747 Jet

Depart: Tokyo, Japan Narita (NRT) - Wed, 11 Dec 18:00

Arrive: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) - Wed, 11 Dec 22:15

Flight: United Airlines flight 876 on a Boeing 777 Jet

Depart: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) - Mon, 20 Jan 07:00

Arrive: Tokyo, Japan Narita (NRT) - Mon, 20 Jan 14:45

Flight: United Airlines flight 838 on a Boeing 747 Jet

Depart: Tokyo, Japan Narita (NRT) - Mon, 20 Jan 16:40

Arrive: San Francisco, CA (SFO) - Mon, 20 Jan 08:35

Or this one. Same source. Long layover back. Better dates than the other one but expensive...

1 adult @ EUR 930.63 (930.63 includes taxes/fees/airport charges) Total: EUR 930.63

Flight: Korean Air flight 24 on a Boeing 777 Jet

Depart: San Francisco, CA (SFO) - Mon, 16 Dec 12:00

Arrive: Incheon Int Seoul, Korea Repub (ICN) - Tue, 17 Dec 17:45

Flight: Korean Air flight 653 on a Boeing 777 Jet

Depart: Incheon Int Seoul, Korea Repub (ICN) - Tue, 17 Dec 20:05

Arrive: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) - Wed, 18 Dec 00:05

Flight: Korean Air flight 654 on a Boeing 777 Jet

Depart: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) - Mon, 13 Jan 01:25

Arrive: Incheon Int Seoul, Korea Repub (ICN) - Mon, 13 Jan 08:35

Flight: Korean Air flight 23 on a Boeing 777 Jet

Depart: Incheon Int Seoul, Korea Repub (ICN) - Mon, 13 Jan 16:40

Arrive: San Francisco, CA (SFO) - Mon, 13 Jan 10:00

Fares are far from sold out. You are just experiencing the unavailability of the cheap V, W, Q fare classes. I think for the US carriers you are seeing H, Y, B and M and above right now. Also keep in mind that capacity is down from a year ago.

Right now your best bet is to go to a consolidator for flights on TG, CI, EVA and KE. I use Star Tours here in LA or Angel Travel in IL. . Looking for a cheap US carrier fare this early on the web won't happen with travelocity, Expedia or the carriers own site.

The US airlines are still unsure of their capacity and will more than likely not have a better idea or release cheaper seats until OCT for Dec travel. NOV loads were just put into the system a few days ago for UA.

The cheap internet fares right now are for OCT, NOV and very early Dec travel. Anything you are looking for around holiday time on a US major you can forget about getting a cheap fare. I think the fares go up dramatically for travel after Dec 15th.

Then, went on the cheaptickets site and found the same flight at 723$$, all taxes included too.

[color:purple]

This a good fare for almost anytime of the year and especially DEC travel. I would definitely not hesitate over possibly saving another $50 by waiting an extra month and buy the ticket today.

As I said, there is still something pending workwise to keep me from buying the ticket, but i just came back from my favorite store in my neck of the woods, and met this salesman kid who went to Thailand twice this year, even played jazz guitar in BKK and Pattaya's Blues factory, and, he told me he just bought a ticket yesterday for Dec. 26th, 650$, on China Airlines. Bay area members, i pass the info to you, the agency is Holiday Travel Adventures in SF, on Sutter St. Will call it tomorrow. Told him a lot of us are weary about the functionning of China A aircrafts. he just seemed too smart, i had to shake him up a little bit....

Hi-

I am born and raised in SF and still have a base there as well as BKK. May I suggest, if you do not already know them, you try Bay travel-(tel-912-3140) as they service the Thai community and I have worked with them for many years-

Nice folks with an office near Powell on Market. They have always been the cheapest and I just came back home to BKK from SF with a stop in Tokyo to see a client and it was723$ but usuually geez about 575$-650..

You are the definition of carpal tunnel(smile)

Archived