SF to BKK, Dec sold out soon

pattaya127

Nothing so far after the 9th. Only waiting list. I made a reservation for the 5th on JAL, 869$$. Then, went on the cheaptickets site and found the same flight at 723$$, all taxes included too. Would have preferred to go a bit later, but is that pretty much the picture? Gee, i used to buy my ticket a month before departure, and now 3 months is almost too late!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, i hope you are right, so send the links you used. I used orvitz.com and cheap tickets.com. they had flights ok, but very expensive. many of the other good fares led to a "non-avialbility" of seats. Also, between the 5th and 9th dec, 150$ rise for JAL, China, korean and i can't remember the others.

Try these:

travelocity.com

expedia.com

lowestfare.com

Try playing around with the departure times from each city.

The consolidators will have tickets available for that time period as well. If you're flying out of SFO the carriers that seem to be used most often are China Air, Korean Air and JAL. Check the travel section of the Sunday paper.

tried a dozen time LowestF, can't access. Expedia has korean 881$ on the 9th. Travelo, a hefty 1154 for UA, cheapest. i did not do too bad with cheaptickets.com, then. I still think the "soon" in my title is accurate. One can always find flights, and waiting lists clear up, but forget about 7 to 800$ flights. I wish i could buy my ticket now, but have to wait for a client's answer on a project. Sure is nothing wrong flying earlier than planned, as you may guess wink.gif

thaifly has not e-mailed me anything back, i submitted 3 days ago. NWA quotes 1100 something for dec 9th. Maybe you are talking about a flight before that. Also, i need an airlines that allows me to change the return at no penalty, which so far, only some asian airlines do. If you guys have a 650/850 quote mid december (after 9th) that eluded me on these sites, copy the URL to that precise page to me or maybe copy it answering me. i pretty much covered the ground you gave me. thanks for following up these last few days!

Yes. $650 was 9 Oct. Missed the month in your subject header. Saw justfares.com had a $750 fare on Asiana though I've not flown them before. Tough time with the holidays. Premium pricing. Tougher if you're intent on an open return. You might try a cheap one way tix and pickup a return in BKK from a bucket shop.

Archived