SF to BKK, Dec sold out soon

pattaya127

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the Asian travel agencies in SF?

Since many of them seem to be in the Union Square area. Try Borneo Travel on the north side of Union Square. They used to be the bucket shop for Singapore Air. Haven't been there for for five or six years but when I used to use them they were always quite busy selling tickets to travel agencies all over the country. They are really an Indonesia travel shop but worth a try.

AG

What about the Asian travel agencies in SF?

------------------

That's the only ones i frequent. thanks for the new link. i believe i have cornered the basic cheapest price for early Dec. I also asked Holyday Travel services, just curious, what is their best flight SF-BKK on Dec 22, (height of high season), they had JAL at 898$ for that day. Cheaper, if i remember, than any quotes on the interent.

I just booked a FF tix on NWA SFO-BKK departing in Dec 2002 and returning in Jan 2003. Total cost: 55K miles + USD$44.00 in taxes and fees. But I had to call the GOLD Member reservations number as the web site showed no availability for about two weeks around the dates of departure and return that I wanted/got.

Bs

• 5 weeks later...

I did well using: ual.com

$666.00 including everything, departing Nov. 27th. SFO-BKK via Tokyo. V class ticket which means I cannot upgrade with my FF miles to biz. class. I dislike UAL 875 arriving so late after 11pm in BKK. UAL 876 for the return is no gem either departing BKK at 7:00am. I do not feel safe using Korean, China Air, Asiana,etc. below average saftey record.

Short trip (8 days) returning Dec 5th. Q or V class, I can change the return for $100 or $150 charge (if seats available). United always tells me it is non refundable---except if you cancel and buy a more expensive ticket for a future date. Try ual.com sometime, you may find a similar fare.

I think that timing is the key to saving if you are flexible and take advantage of promotional travel offers you can really save. I am flying Northwest from SFO to Bangkok for $540 on December 3rd with a coupon I got in a bulk mailing. This will move me up to gold elite status with the NWA frequent flyer program. I booked this fair about ten days ago. I monitor the Northwest web sight and fly when the specials are on.

Archived