Alternatives to ClickTA Asianet?

steffi

Well, I'm fed up with Asianet Click TA not resolving the international link problem and for some reason ever since that happened my modem appears to have a hell of a time connecting to theres.

Here's the init string it's using for those in the know.

AT&FL3E0Q0V1X4&C1&K3S95=0&D2S7=75S0=0W2+MS=V90,1\13

it's taking me on average 3 attempts to get a successful connection out of them.

So, who else offers monthly unlimited with disconnect after say 2-3 hours service for under $500 baht per month?

Ok, do they offer monthly? I don't live here but my wife does. Perhaps I could go that way but after the ClickTA debarkle I hesitate at paying yearly fees.

So, is anybody else having problems with ClickTA's modems all of a sudden? I'm getting frequent unexplained disconnects, even when I do managed to get a connection.

Samart has an unlimited package at about the same price as KS mentioned.

However, Samart's service is really up and down. Some nights I get right on. Others, I just give up and use the backup card I bought for Loxinfo at Villa Market. I usually connect with Loxinfo the first try.

Samart disconnects after five hours.

IMO, their Helpdesk is brain dead and it is a waste of time contacting them if you have problems.

Sorry, if this is not a ringing endorsement of Samart.

Well, if you insist on having unlimited time for small money methinks you will never get good service. Its commonly known as getting what you pay for. Actually it should be rephrased; you dont always get what you pay for but you seldom get more.

The only time i could ever get any kind of performance out of any of the unlimited plans was at about 4 or 5 in the morning. And even then it varied a lot. If you want even halfway decent internet service in los (and halfway decent is the best you can hope for) just resign yourself to paying for the time. And try to change your usage habits to do as much as possible offline.

Hi,

"Well, if you insist on having unlimited time for small money methinks you will never get good service."

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I have been using the unlimited packaged from KSC for a month now, and even with the connection problems (int. line down) their connection is pretty good.

Sanuk!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Gummigut, I've used MWEB Pure Magic (30 days unlimited package) last month and found it very acceptable. Connected all the time at near 56K speed. I believe he paid less than 400 baht for the package.

I guess the package is no longer available as he brought me Idea Net package for this month ... also cheaper than 400 baht for month .. but this package has major connection issue. At certain hours, I need to set unlimited reconnect configuration to connect after numerous tries.

I still have Loxinfo 750 baht for 63 hours package as a backup ... have to say this package is best connection and speed, IMHO with not much disconnect ... my record is 1 day 14 hours straight download of ... *educational* material from the 'net.

I do miss my DSL connection back in USA though.

Archived